Author Topic: Zits!!  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Vinda-lou

• Learning the way of Sly
Zits!!
« on: May 07, 2011, 10:11:17 AM »
Hey fellas,

It's been about two days since I shaved my head, because I've gotten zits and/or bumps!  Even my face has broken out a bit, which hasn't happened in years!  (I have a full head of hair, but shaved it all off this past Saturday)  Now, even with stubble, there are zits and/or red bumps everywhere - sometimes itchy.  I also have some dry skin around where my side-burns were.  All new.  Or at least all newly visible!  Sorry for the grossness.

I use Headblade pre-wash, exfoliant, and shaving cream.  Then I used the Headclear after.  Then Jerkins moisturizer.  I did this each time I shaved. 

Help!  Any ideas?  I want to shave again, but I'm afraid to.  I'm wearing a hat out of embarrassment.  I feel oily.   :-[

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Zits!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 08:17:06 PM »
Witch hazel applied right after shaving usually helps keeps the bumps at bay.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 06:23:21 AM »
You'll see these following comments many places on the Forum.  Keep it clean--get some antibacterial soap, like Cuticura, and wash your dome at least twice a day.  Change your pillow cases at least once a week--and if you wear hats make sure they're clean. You don't have any hair to keep the dirt and grime of life away from you skin now and that dirt can cause inflamation. 

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 04:33:59 PM »
With you on the Witch Hazel Razor X.  For added effectiveness against the acne, add a drop of Tea Tree Oil for every 16 ounces.

SaintC is right on with keeping it clean. 

I use Wet Ones Sensitive Skin for through the day maintenance.  I keep a tub at my desk, in my bathroom at home and I keep a smaller pack in my car.  Some folks prefer Headwipes by Headblade and those are darn handy because they're individually wrapped, but they're also pricier. 

One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 05:24:05 PM »
With you on the Witch Hazel Razor X.  For added effectiveness against the acne, add a drop of Tea Tree Oil for every 16 ounces.

You mean add the tea tree oil directly to the witch hazel?

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 11:39:17 AM »
Yep, right in the bottle.  If you're using a pure essential oil, it's 1 drop for 16 oz., if it's already diluted with a carrier oil, you can probably go 2.
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 03:28:18 PM »
Thanks.  I'll give it a try.

Enter your email address: