Author Topic: The Custom Plus 3 Trick  (Read 32935 times)

Offline Craig Reed

• Sly Jr.
    • A Lit Journey: Motivation From Within
Re: The Custom Plus 3 Trick
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 03:03:20 PM »
But u  have to have black adapter ?
Check out my blog on balding and weight loss
www.alitjourney.wordpress.com
www.coachcraigreed.com

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2010, 04:41:30 PM »
Yes, the black adaptor is made for a Sensor style of cartridge. It works with the two and three blade sensors'.

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010, 10:07:40 PM »
Tried the Custom Plus 3 blades tonight. Real nice close shave. Hopefully these will stay in stock at my local Wally world!!

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2010, 12:18:36 PM »
While I could not locate my HeadBlade black adapter at the time I came across the reading of the "C+3" post, I really wanted to give these blades a try, so I bought and used the razors - as is, lathered up with a palmful of Schick Hydro Gel with a few drops of Shave Secret as an undercoat.

O0 Results were simply AMAZING!!!. I actually got a closer shave with the Custom 3 , as compared to the Headblade series. Check it out guys.. (Leaves scalp very well, moisturized with a fantastic non-greasy shine) I think you'll like it!!

-Cap'n Noodles-

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 06:15:24 PM by Noodles »

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2010, 08:50:33 PM »
Tried the Custom Plus 3 blades tonight. Real nice close shave. Hopefully these will stay in stock at my local Wally world!!

Wally world will keep stocking them if we keep buying them, you can bank on that.
"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010, 09:17:59 PM »
Gotta love it!!  !B@
Tried a little experiment and I absolutely love the results!!!  :@`

While in the shower, I first throughly scrubbed my head with St Ives Apricot Scrub. Rinsed, then combined a few drops of Shave Secret Shaving Oil w/SCHICK Hydra Gel, and worked it into a rich, thick lather. First I shaved with the Custom+3 series razor, then I lathered up again and used my HeadBlade.

Awesome, Sleek, Super Smooth, Shiny (but non-greasy), Nick-Free, Kick Ass Results!!  b0x3r

Got an extremely close "Kojack" shave with the "Custom+3" and the HeadBlade sealed the deal and took the end result to the next level. The experiment left me virtually "shadow-free" - something I've been looking forward to for quite a long time. By the next morning, my head was still quite smooth, "shadow" only lightly visible!! (Usually, I have a dominate "shadow" by the next morning).

For those of you still thinking about whether or not you're going to try the "Custom 3", maybe my little experiment may help you in your determination.

The CP3 PRICE is RIGHT and the RESULTS are AWESOME!! Hard to beat that by any standard!!  O0

-Cap'n Noodles-

I love it!!

This is the real beauty of this site! We can all learn (and share w/one another) so much about products and the entire sly shaving experience from one another!! On my own, I probably would have not even thought about giving the "C+3" blades a try....Thanks guys!

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 06:28:18 AM by Noodles »

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2010, 01:36:30 PM »

This is the real beauty of this site! We can all learn (and share w/one another) so much about products and the entire sly shaving experience from one another!! On my own, I probably would have not even thought about giving the "C+3" blades a try....Thanks guys!

You got that right! Sharing is fun and beneficial to all.

Offline Craig Reed

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2010, 11:10:58 PM »
I definitely need the black adapter! boutht the CP3's and quickly found out I need the darn black adapter.

Wish they sold these in stores that would be a help!
www.coachcraigreed.com

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2010, 11:18:17 PM »
If you can find a pack of the Headblade Triple blades......i think they come with adaptors.

Offline Craig Reed

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2010, 11:24:22 PM »
I get those but only come with standard adapters
www.coachcraigreed.com

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2010, 11:43:23 PM »
My bad.......must have been thinking of when I bought my Headblade with blades..it had both adaptors included.  Start a wanted thread....maybe someone with an adaptor they don't use would eat the price of a stamp and send it your way!!   If I had an extra I would.  :-\

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2010, 11:58:57 PM »
They sell them in 3 packs on their site

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2010, 09:16:14 AM »
How the hell do you get a Gillette Custom 3 Plus cartridge on a headblade?? I bought a 4 pack, there's no way.  I have both black and yellow adapters too.
The connector is not remotely close to either the black or yellow adapter. 
The adapter "wings" are too far apart. (In fact, I don't see much difference between the black and yellow adapters)
Can someone take a close up photo of the cart actually going on to the HB?

Or maybe it only works on a HB sport?  (I have the traditional HB)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:18:20 AM by phigg »
Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2010, 10:55:29 AM »
How the hell do you get a Gillette Custom 3 Plus cartridge on a headblade?? I bought a 4 pack, there's no way.  I have both black and yellow adapters too.
The adapter "wings" are too far apart. (In fact, I don't see much difference between the black and yellow adapters)

You may have gotten the wrong blades. There are 2 versions of the Gillette Custom Plus. The Gillette Custom Plus and the Gillette Custom 3 Plus are differrent. The Custom Plus version does not work in the Headblade but the Custom 3 Plus does.

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2010, 12:02:40 PM »

You may have gotten the wrong blades. There are 2 versions of the Gillette Custom Plus. The Gillette Custom Plus and the Gillette Custom 3 Plus are differrent. The Custom Plus version does not work in the Headblade but the Custom 3 Plus does.

Nope, this is definitely the Gillette Custom 3 Plus, even looks like the one in the first picture. I just don't get how that fits onto a HB adapter..   The 3 blade HB blades are no problem..  I use the yellow adapter with those, and for Atra types, the black adapter.  I wonder if they changed something..
Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)