Author Topic: The Custom Plus 3 Trick  (Read 32938 times)

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
Re: The Custom Plus 3 Trick
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 06:26:14 PM »
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. 

Great quote and great tip. I'll be looking for these razors this weekend.
"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~

Offline Craig Reed

• Sly Jr.
    • A Lit Journey: Motivation From Within
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 10:15:57 PM »
I am from Seattle, and have not been able to find them around at any of my local drug stores, (RiteAid, Walgreens, Fred Meyer) am I missing something?

Love to give them a try, I have heard of using the Atra blades in them, but seems like you are getting a much closer, smoother shave.

I NEED to try this, please help!
Check out my blog on balding and weight loss
www.alitjourney.wordpress.com
www.coachcraigreed.com

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 11:11:44 PM »
I am from Seattle, and have not been able to find them around at any of my local drug stores, (RiteAid, Walgreens, Fred Meyer) am I missing something?

Love to give them a try, I have heard of using the Atra blades in them, but seems like you are getting a much closer, smoother shave.

Walmart has them. They have a 10 count pack for $6.97
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=Custom+Plus+3&Find.x=22&Find.y=8&Find=Find

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 08:49:32 AM »

Walmart has them. They have a 10 count pack for $6.97
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=Custom+Plus+3&Find.x=22&Find.y=8&Find=Find

That's actually the regular Custom Plus.  What you want are the Custom Plus 3.  It's basically a Sensor3 cartridge.  I've been using them for 2 or 3 months.  I get mine at Walmart.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gillette-Custom-Plus-3-Disposable-Sensitive-Razors-4-ct/12514807
http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Razors-and-Blades/Custom-Plus-3-Soothing-Disposable-Razors/ID=prod3948204-product?V=G&ec=frgl_&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku3947053
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 08:54:53 AM by Gambrinus »

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 09:08:49 AM »
I said it before and I'll say it again.  I HATED the Headblade until I found these cartridges.  They are the most forgiving cartridge out there.  If you are thinking about throwing your HB in the trash, try these before you do.  If Headblade was smart, they would make a Sensor knock-off.  The blades have a leaf spring behind them and they pivot better than the Atra style cartridges.  If you have used the HB cartridge you have used an Atra style cartride.

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 09:59:31 AM »
That's actually the regular Custom Plus.  What you want are the Custom Plus 3.  It's basically a Sensor3 cartridge.  I've been using them for 2 or 3 months.  I get mine at Walmart.

I should have known the ones I found at Walmart were priced to good to be true, thanks for the correction. I wonder if the Custom Plus, which seems to be a 2 blade razor would fit in the HeadBlade like the Custom Plus 3. 10 for $6.97 sounds really good to me. :)

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2010, 09:23:59 AM »
I couldn't find 'em at my local Wally. Walgreen's had them, though.....2 varieties; Sensitive and Soothing.
I bought 1 of each yesterday and tried the sensitive today. Really a nice shave.
I also bought the Custom Plus (twin) on Friday by mistake. The problem with them is that the mount is too wide to use on the Sensor adaptor. So the regular Custom Plus cannot be used on the HB at all.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2010, 09:51:52 AM »
I also bought the Custom Plus (twin) on Friday by mistake. The problem with them is that the mount is too wide to use on the Sensor adaptor. So the regular Custom Plus cannot be used on the HB at all.

Thanks for sharing that, I was tempted to buy the Custom Plus (twin) to see if they would work too. That would have been the best deal in town @ $6.97 for 10. I bought the Custom Plus 3 at Walmart in a 4 pack for $4.97 and could not be happier. I don't even see the need to try any other blade with my HeadBlade at that comfort and price.

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 09:46:53 PM »
I just tried them for the first time tonight and echo everyone else.  Very close shave.   Definitely felt more pull than HB triples - but no razor burn and the shave is the closest I've ever had without a single nick.   Great advice!  And cheaper too.    I typically get two weeks out of a HB triple - so will be curious to see how long these last.

FYI - I'm in Portland Oregon and I found mine at Walgreens.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 07:12:24 AM by pdxtodd »

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 12:19:32 PM »
Just a follow up.  I've been using the blades for a few days.  I'm not sure if its because they shave so close or what - but getting bumps and definitely not as comfortable of a shave as HB triples after the first shave.   I think I'm going to switch to something else.   Anyone have a tried a true alternative to HB triples?

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 01:13:37 AM »
Just a follow up.  I've been using the blades for a few days.  I'm not sure if its because they shave so close or what - but getting bumps and definitely not as comfortable of a shave as HB triples after the first shave.   I think I'm going to switch to something else.   Anyone have a tried a true alternative to HB triples?

Todd, try the Personna auto plus or twin plus. They work better than the triples. You can find them at Walmart. It's one of the best values for cartridges out there. 

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 08:41:40 AM »
Thanks for the tip!  I'll pick some up this week. 

Offline Craig Reed

• Sly Jr.
    • A Lit Journey: Motivation From Within
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 07:19:24 PM »
bought these to try out and the adapter seems too wide to slide in the tracks of the custom plus 3. Any help?!
Check out my blog on balding and weight loss
www.alitjourney.wordpress.com
www.coachcraigreed.com

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 08:00:19 PM »
bought these to try out and the adapter seems too wide to slide in the tracks of the custom plus 3. Any help?!

You have to use the black adapter. It snaps right in.

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2010, 02:20:22 PM »
Craig make sure you have the right razor too.  It's easy to get the Custom Plus and the Custom Plus 3 mixed up.  They put them next to each other in the store, but they are a totally different razor.  I've only seen the 3's in a four pack.

Enter your email address: