Author Topic: HeadBlade Triples vs. Doubles  (Read 20532 times)

Offline usapup

• Steve? (from Jerry Springer Show)
  • Learning the way of Sly
  • My oldest daughter and I
Re: HeadBlade Triples vs. Doubles
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2007, 06:38:38 PM »
I am a new member as of today.  I have been a "bald guy" for about 6 years.  I live in PA. Now on with the story.....

I just used my headblade for the 1st time.  Let me tell you, it looked like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre in my bathroom.  I normally use the Fusion or Mach3 with little problem.  This HB may go right into the trash.  I may use the other products that come with it.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2007, 07:02:45 PM »
usapup.....welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that ya found us.  post up in the introductions section so that we can give ya a proper welcome.  sorry 2 hear 'bout your hb experience.  i'm a fusion (manual) man.  haven't had any problems, yet.  anyways....we have many sly brahs here that use the hb & they can give some of their experiences.  matter of fact, tyler (R  fearless leader) is a headblader.  anyways.... welcome & enjoy the site. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2007, 07:03:08 PM »
Welcome to the gang, usa.  Glad to have you with us.  Don't give up on the HeadBlade just.  I too had trouble at first.  Its a pressure and speed thing.   Keep the pressure on the wheels if its a sport and take your time, till you get the hang of it don't be afraid to use your normal razor around the ears and trick spots.  In the meantime, look forward to you sharing those 6 years of experience.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2007, 08:25:06 PM »
USA, welcome, I can relate to your HB experience.  My first time with the HB was similar.  I tied it several other times and got to where I wasn't scalping myself, but could never get a very good shave.  It has just sat in my bathroom drawer.  Every month or so I drag it out and give it another try.  I'm pretty sure that if I stayed with it for an extended period of time that I could get used to it.  Right now I'm just not motivated since it seems to be too much work.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

jusbnme

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2007, 09:47:59 PM »
Welcome usa.  I had the same kind of experiences with the HB for over a couple of month period.  But after giving it try after try I think I may have finally gotten the hang of it.  It is a razor that does take a little getting use to.  The Fusion does rock though.  If I was working and had the dough to shell out for those REAL expensive cartridges I would probably still be using it. 

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2007, 10:34:12 PM »
Hey usa, welcome to SBG bruddahood! I'm sure there is plenty you can offer to help us "newbie" baldies with your 6 years of experience.
I am new to being shaved (coming up on my third week if I'm correct) and I love it, wish I had done it sooner; but at least I did it!.
 I can tell you I am a Headblade devotee. I have had nothing but great shaves. I used the triple blade it came with first. That worked well but I found I wasn't getting really close.
 When it came time to replace the blade, I tried the Atra plus, with much trepdation, lol, (checkout X the Hierophant's post in another category and you'll know why). Anyway, the Atra plus worked very well, I am getting my closest, smoothest shave so far, and no nicks, cuts. knock wood.
I find that if you stick with it, remember to go slow and keep pressure off the blade (keep it to the rear) and it works terrific. I can still only go so far down on the sides, it's awkward, but I am getting further each time, getting used to the feel. Time is what it takes. So have a little patience, don't rush and you may find it gets better.
Good luck,

Joe

jusbnme

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2007, 11:05:49 PM »
I had actually made a comment in another thread about how the trips worked good enough for me when I found them stocked at my local Wal-Greens.  But I'm after about an hour or so  I could feel places I missed.  I never had that problem with the atra doubles.  I think one of the problems with the trips is that they're too bulky and you have to apply too much pressure if you want them to cut as good as the doubles. 

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2007, 01:23:30 AM »
Usapup,Welcome to the best forum on the net.

I too nearly threw my headblade in the trash after the first use.

After some practice I believe you will come to love it. Like my sly bros have said, remember to keep the pressure off the blade and on the back pad or wheel.

Shine on O0