Author Topic: Finally did it...  (Read 8310 times)

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
Finally did it...
« on: June 24, 2008, 01:46:45 PM »
So I finally forced myself to buzz my hair to #0 on clippers, so I'm practically bald now. My headshape actually looks better when there's 0 hair, it looks more round. I thought, what the f**k, it will grow back to my usual 3 mm in a fucking week, so why not try it? I've done this only once before and I didn't like it... I still not like it too much but it's growing on me a bit. I'm gonna post some pics tomorrow.

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
Re: Finally did it...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 01:52:08 PM »
Since you're this close, you need to go climb in the shower, get out the Schick and shave gell or Headslick and finish it off totally bald.  Come into the brotherhood of the permanently bald!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 01:54:27 PM »
Well, bro....

I'm really proud of you!

Finally...and even if you hated it...which it sounds like it looks better than the other buzz O0, at least you just did it and that's huge!

Post a pic...i bet you do look better!!!!

O0 O0 O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 02:08:03 PM »
So I finally forced myself to buzz my hair to #0 on clippers, so I'm practically bald now. My headshape actually looks better when there's 0 hair, it looks more round. I thought, what the f**k, it will grow back to my usual 3 mm in a f**king week, so why not try it? I've done this only once before and I didn't like it... I still not like it too much but it's growing on me a bit. I'm gonna post some pics tomorrow.

Good job!   Don't worry about liking it just yet -- it takes time to adjust to a new look.  Now would be the perfect time to shave it smooth, BTW.  It will only take 2 or 3 days to grow back to where it is now.  You're so close -- it would be a shame not to see things through completely.   :)

Offline Big Boss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 02:15:33 PM »
I remember being scared the first time I shaved my head, just do one of these... "OOH WHOOPS I SHAVED OFF A LITTLE TOO HIGH ON MY SIDEBURN... WELP GUESS I"LL JUST HAVE TO SHAVE TEH WHOLE HEAD NOW!"  ;)

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 03:20:32 PM »
Congratulations yep_yep.  O0

You were so concerned about your head shape. See, it turns out that it's round. Don't be so hard on yourself. We are all our worst critics.

Glad to here that this look is "growing" on you. Give it a few more days.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 03:24:55 PM »
Way to go Yep Yep.  Welcome to the brotherhood ... and see, it wasn't such a big deal!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 03:25:14 PM »
I have seen my headshape before, I buzzed to #0 1.5 years ago... it's rounder than I remembered alright, especially from the side view. I hate the coneheadnedness from the front view though. It ain't over yet, my family and friends have yet to see it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 03:29:13 PM by yep_yep »

Offline jhickman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 04:06:58 PM »
Congrats, it takes a lot of guts to take the plunge.  But why stop there?   Finish it off!! ;D

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 04:07:11 PM »
Stay strong, my man, and show us some pics.  I think it probably looks great.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 04:13:18 PM »
Right On Yep-Yep!!!! I've been waiting to hear that you finally took the plunge. Now go in there, get your head all lathered up and step on over to the Sly side of life, Brother. O:O
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 05:25:37 PM »

I look a damn right c*nt... f**k that side view is really ugly!

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 05:29:28 PM »
congrats, yep_yep.  I'm not just saying this, bro, but I think you have a great head shape, and you certainly suit the shaved look.  You've nothing to be worried about if and when you finally take the plunge and shave it all off.  looks good to me O0

Offline north

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 06:00:55 PM »
Seriously, yep_yep, I think the buzz looks great. Get that head tanned and it'll look killer.

You've got nothing to worry about, my man.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 07:03:16 PM »

I look a damn right c*nt... f**k that side view is really ugly!

It looks fine.  I don't know what you're seeing but there's nothing wrong with your head shape -- really!!  Just enjoy it.  There's plenty of guys that would love to be in your position.  Don't be so hard on yourself.