Author Topic: Head shapes and symmetry  (Read 38432 times)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: Head shapes and symmetry
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2007, 08:48:14 AM »
Do it bro!  You got the itch!  You want to do it!  Go Sly!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2007, 02:12:40 PM »
Well I got the time for barbers tomorrow. It will at least get buzzed short.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 02:18:21 PM by yep_yep »

BALDANDRE

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2007, 02:21:53 PM »
Well I got the time for barber's tomorrow. It will at least get buzzed short.

Dude, at least met us 1/2 way...go for the no guard buzz this time around... or just go for it slick bro... I bet you'll dig it O0
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 02:23:32 PM by BALDANDRE »

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2007, 02:24:06 PM »
Take BaldAndre's advice.  It's summer, it's hot, and what's more important - you'll love it!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

BALDANDRE

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2007, 02:26:57 PM »
Take BaldAndre's advice.  It's summer, it's hot, and what's more important - you'll love it!

And you'll look WAY clean...come on you're a good lookin' dude...you'll rock the "Mr. Clean' totally slick look, I mean, come on, it'll suit you more than it does me!

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2007, 02:27:34 PM »

Dude, at least met us 1/2 way...go for the no guard buzz this time around... or just go for it slick bro... I bet you'll dig it O0

My self-confidence isn't so good... so I'll just buzz it very close and then think about shaving later when everyone has adjusted to the buzz.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2007, 02:29:31 PM »

My self-confidence isn't so good... so I'll just buzz it very close and then think about shaving later when everyone has adjusted to the buzz.

Sounds like a plan, man! Just don't be too afraid to at least go #1 or #0! ;)

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2007, 02:31:41 PM »

Yeah I think I will go to 1, if it means 1 mm :).

BALDANDRE

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2007, 02:42:32 PM »

Yeah I think I will go to 1, if it means 1 mm :).

Actually it is...I think it's the best length to show you how non-scary going the slick sly way will be for you and look on you..

when I was buzzed bald (years ago) that way my favorite length...any shorter you really should just go for the skinned head!

Good luck dude and enjoy the road to SLY!

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2007, 02:45:04 AM »
Ok, I'm back... only buzzed it at #4. All the time the barber got lower and lower it reminded me how fucking ugly my head shape is. I really don't think the sly look is for me, unfortunately. Damn this cursed MPB  :'(.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2007, 04:01:19 AM »
Ok, I'm back... only buzzed it at #4. All the time the barber got lower and lower it reminded me how f**king ugly my head shape is. I really don't think the sly look is for me, unfortunately. Damn this cursed MPB  :'(.

Your avatar photo looks like you were sporting something shorter than a #4.

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2007, 05:57:29 AM »
Ok, I'm back... only buzzed it at #4. All the time the barber got lower and lower it reminded me how f**king ugly my head shape is. I really don't think the sly look is for me, unfortunately. Damn this cursed MPB  :'(.

Your avatar photo looks like you were sporting something shorter than a #4.

Yeah I was. It was #3 on top and #2 on sides if I remember right. Couldn't wait for it to grow out back then. sh*t... wish my head was just a tad smaller.

Here are some new pics:

Damn I hate that side profile, my head is like a darn triangle instead of a human head. Too pointy and too "flat", no roundness at all.

And from the front my head is just like a deflated football.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 06:05:50 AM by yep_yep »

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2007, 06:13:29 AM »
yep_yep, I think you are being way over sensitive about your head.  I still don't see anything wrong or unusual about it.  You're a good looking guy and I certain that you would look good SLY also.  There is nothing about your head (as it is) that is being hidden by the buzz cut that you have right now.  Going SLY has to be a personal decision.  But don't let your head shape be the reason you don't do it.  It really does look fine.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2007, 03:22:44 PM »
yep_yep, I think you are being way over sensitive about your head.  I still don't see anything wrong or unusual about it.  You're a good looking guy and I certain that you would look good SLY also.  There is nothing about your head (as it is) that is being hidden by the buzz cut that you have right now.  Going SLY has to be a personal decision.  But don't let your head shape be the reason you don't do it.  It really does look fine.

I agree.  There is not a thing wrong with the shape of your head; you really have nothing to worry about.  We can always come up with excuses not to do something -- I really think you're making a big issue where none exists.  If you're losing your hair anyway, you're limited to a short buzz cut that won't camoflauge a badly shaped head anyway, so what difference does it really make?

I really think you owe it to yourself to give it a try.  Shave it all off and keep it smooth for -- say two weeks, and then reevaluate.  If you don't like it, it grows back quickly.  But at least then you'll know.  Otherwise, you'll always wonder.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2007, 03:46:41 PM »
Look dude, you can either continue to worry about the shape of your head until you lose all of it and then it won't matter, because you have no hair to cover it up.  Or, you can decide to shave it off now, get used to the look of your dome, and rock your confidence going forward.  I really think you are blowing this whole "my head is oddly shaped" thing out of proportion.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: