Author Topic: Head shapes and symmetry  (Read 38412 times)

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
Head shapes and symmetry
« on: June 09, 2007, 03:41:47 AM »
Hi guys... I've been lurking around here for ages and have even posted some, asking about my head shape and sh*t. I think I got a slight BDD or something 'cause I think that my head shape is f**king ugly and the asymmetry is too pronounced. I see all you guys have perfectly shaped, symmetric heads and obviously that looks good shaved. There's a picture of me as my avatar, please tell honestly if you can see the asymmetry I'm talking about. Thanks beforehand. Also, guess my age :D. I want to get a feel of how old I look.

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
Re: Head shapes and symmetry
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 07:05:38 AM »
Hi yep_yep,

I think maybe you do have BDD because you have a fine shaped head, really - you do! Absolutely fine! No asymmetry at all. Quite the reverse in fact, you're a fine looking guy! Also regarding your age, I'd put you in your early 20's maybe. Anyway, hope that helps a bit & welcome to the site!  O0
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 07:26:51 AM »
Thanks for the reply shyslyguy. Yeah I'll be 25 in November. I just feel like a look a lot younger than I am, and that's partly why the balding is so hard to take. My hair is very thin up top but I'm so damn scared... I did buzz my hair down to 1mm last fall, but didn't like it very much because of my head shape. Think I gotta do it again sometime.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 07:32:10 AM »
Ditto with shysly on the age...and again on the head shape.  I can see absolutely nothing wrong with the shape of your dome.   Seems well shaped and proportioned.   A great many of us have imperfections that may seem large to us and unnoticable to others.  If it was really that bad, would you even wear your hair the length it is in your pic?  Hey bro...couldn't it just be the nervousness many of us have felt prior to going sly? For some guys its a bigger plunge than for others.   Just go for it...you'd be a few weeks away from the length you have now if you don't like it....but the shape as I see it would wear it well.   8)
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 07:37:05 AM »
Ditto with shysly on the age...and again on the head shape.  I can see absolutely nothing wrong with the shape of your dome.   Seems well shaped and proportioned.   A great many of us have imperfections that may seem large to us and unnoticable to others.  If it was really that bad, would you even wear your hair the length it is in your pic?  Hey bro...couldn't it just be the nervousness many of us have felt prior to going sly? For some guys its a bigger plunge than for others.   Just go for it...you'd be a few weeks away from the length you have now if you don't like it....but the shape as I see it would wear it well.   8)

Thanks, dude. That's an old pic anyways, from last October. I have longer hair now, but like I said it's thin as hell and thinning more all the time  >:(.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 08:05:48 AM »
I'm with the others.  I can't see anything that looks different about your head shape from looking at your picture.  Quiet the opposite in fact.

I also your head features "is what it is" and if you have really thin hair, it is probably not being hidden by the hair.  I always thought the thinning hair would attrack more 'stares' than the shaved dome does.

You're still a young good looking guy, and I'm certain you will be happy with the result if you decide to try SLY.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 08:16:03 AM »
Agreed. Shave it. You won't have to worry about thinning hair if it ain't there.  :*))

Welcome!
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 08:32:15 AM »
Your head looks fine.  Shave it.

BaldRob

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 09:58:31 AM »
Thanks for the reply shyslyguy. Yeah I'll be 25 in November. I just feel like a look a lot younger than I am, and that's partly why the balding is so hard to take. My hair is very thin up top but I'm so damn scared... I did buzz my hair down to 1mm last fall, but didn't like it very much because of my head shape. Think I gotta do it again sometime.

Yep_yep... as most of us here will tell you from experience, you will be your harshest critic.  Judging from your pic, your headshape looks fine.  From various other threads on the forum, shave it completely down for 30 days... see how you're feeling about it then.

Offline Itsonlyinmyhead

• When will it happen?
  • Sly
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 10:56:55 AM »
Well Ive told you before that you look good with a buzzed head and it seems that a shaved head will almost certainly suit you. Dont listen to the guys on HLT, they think that meds are wonder drugs which they arent at this moment in time, you will probably end up doing more damage to yourself physically through taking all the crap that they recommend, ontop of that you may end up mentally damaged if you listen to the kind of stuff that they say.

Long hair does not suit you, Ive seen your pics on HLT and you look alot better with a buzzed head O0

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 11:14:56 AM »
Well Ive told you before that you look good with a buzzed head and it seems that a shaved head will almost certainly suit you. Dont listen to the guys on HLT, they think that meds are wonder drugs which they arent at this moment in time, you will probably end up doing more damage to yourself physically through taking all the crap that they recommend, ontop of that you may end up mentally damaged if you listen to the kind of stuff that they say.

Long hair does not suit you, Ive seen your pics on HLT and you look alot better with a buzzed head O0

Hey, thanks man... well long hair doesn't suit me now especially because my hair is so fucking thin. This whole hairloss business is so damn hard to take, I hate it. Thanks for the positive response though. Yeah the meds haven't done anything for me yet, and I've been taking them for a year now. Fucking bullcrap.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 11:55:30 AM »
Hey yepyep, there is nothing wrong with your head shape, and I think the buzz look in your avatar suits you really well.  I think there is nothing wrong with having a buzz when you're thinning.  You don't have to worry about anything.  It shows the world that you're just getting on and living your life.  You send a whole different message when your hair is long and thinning... it says 'I'm trying to pretend that my hair isn't thinning by 'trying' to cover it with long hair.  People barely notice a buzz cut, but the other look really is an attention grabber in a negative way.  I would say at least buzz it back to what's in your picture.  This time of year is a great time to shave it all off all the way, though.  I'm sure you've seen a lot of threads where guys who were hesitant to take the final plunge wish they hadn't waited so long when they finally do it.  I'm sure you would be in the same boat.  By the way, I would have guessed that maybe you were 20 or 21.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Itsonlyinmyhead

• When will it happen?
  • Sly
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 12:09:01 PM »
Oh yeah I would of guessed you were 22ish. Its better to look young!!! I apparently looked 27/28 with my hair long, now its buzzed and no one has commented. People who I work with would always say you look crap for your age. Which was nice. So be happy your young looking

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 12:23:21 PM »
Hehee, yeah I knew that I am youngish looking and your comments prove it. I often get ID'd when I'm buying booze, and the age limit is 20! I'm like, I've passed the 20 yr mark a while ago...  ;D

Oh yeah I would of guessed you were 22ish. Its better to look young!!! I apparently looked 27/28 with my hair long, now its buzzed and no one has commented. People who I work with would always say you look crap for your age. Which was nice. So be happy your young looking

Nice Fast Show quote  ;D. Yeah I'm not complaining... it'll be especially fun if I still look young when I hit 30 or something.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 12:26:12 PM by yep_yep »

jusbnme

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 05:46:41 PM »
Welcome and go for it bro.  You won't regret it.