Author Topic: Are you man enough to read "Woman's Day"?  (Read 2277 times)

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
Are you man enough to read "Woman's Day"?
« on: December 18, 2009, 01:53:53 PM »
...OK. I admit it. I occasionally pick up my DW's magazines and read a few articles. 

The January Woman's Day has an article about changing your life by Susan Sulich.  She says that making even a small change in one's appearance enables you to see the possibility for more significant changes in other areas of your life, and gives you the confidence to go for it no matter what life throws your way.  To regain balance and counteract the negative, concentrate on what you CAN control.  Her number one suggestion?  Cut your hair...

Wow... That's what everyone here has been saying for years...  So, if your wife or girlfriend isn't exactly supportive of your slyness, just let them know that Woman's Day says its the right thing to do...   

Offline jamesh75

• Sly
Re: Are you man enough to read "Woman's Day"?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 02:06:49 PM »
Were you reading that during the commercial breaks while watching Oprah?  Just kidding of course.   :*))

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 02:17:35 PM »
Were you reading that during the commercial breaks while watching Oprah?  Just kidding of course.   :*))

No, i need something to read at breakfast, and the paper didn't show up this morning...

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 02:35:52 PM »
That issue ought to be in a doctor's office waiting area soon, I'll catch it then.  Good find, useful--very useful.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 02:41:37 PM »
I get Martha Stewart Living by subscription myself.  Great recipes and insider stock tips.  :*))

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 04:43:13 PM »
I knew a guy years ago who.....how to put this politely? Scored more strange @$$ than a truck stop toilet seat! There was no place this guy couldn't go where he didn't end up picking up some woman and disappearing. He always had a solid line, not overbearing or coddling, he just seemed to get across that he really understood what was going on in their lives or, if he didn't understand that he really wanted to..
I asked him one time if I could sit at his feet and observe so that I, too, could learn.
He told me that it wasn't that complex.....just start reading Cosmo. He actually had a subscription. He said that he got his best material from that publication.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Larry

• Sly Jr.
    • http://www.theelectroniccigarettecompany.com/
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 02:22:36 PM »
Gee, you mean actually read it???  The most I ever did was look at the pictures.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 07:35:06 PM »
The thing I can't understand about those superficial magazines is how they can pump out issue after issue of the exact same material year after year after year.  At least the pointless entertainment magazines like Us Weekly, Rolling Stone, and People can gossip about different celebrities, movies, and CDs every week, but how many times can you promote "The bestest diet evar that will shed the pounds with no effort whatsoevar!" before you audience says "Wait a minute, why's this needed when they did this last week, last month, last year, and last decade?"
You don't know me, but I know you.

Enter your email address: