Author Topic: 2 contrasting interpretations  (Read 4446 times)

Offline peteman9

• PeteDiLo
  • Learning the way of Sly
    • petedilorenzo.com
2 contrasting interpretations
« on: June 18, 2013, 07:08:19 PM »
One day I was searching on youtube to find something along the lines of a stand-up comedy act about being bald. The first video I saw put such a damper in my mood...

But then I watched another video and it completely lifted my spirits...

These 2 videos are 2 different interpretations on what it's like to be bald. The first guy pities himself, says he never gets laid, and kind of embodies a pathetic self-loathing way of dealing with who he is. The 2nd guy, however, knows who and what he is and ROCKS IT! His attitude is so inspirational and shows me that really that what it's all about. He has no problem getting girls or anything like that and knows just how to have the right "This is me and If you don't like it, then @#$% off!" attitude. Bottom line is that a negative attitude will attract negative attention and a confident, self-aware, assertive attitude will attract everything great your way regardless of what you look like!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 2 contrasting interpretations
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 10:47:01 PM »
Hi Peteman:  Thanks for sharing.  I absolutely love the 2nd guy's attitude.  That's how I roll also. O0 O0 O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 11:43:10 PM »
Not only was the first guy bald, fat, and ugly (as he described himself) but his comedy routine sucked. No wonder he can't get laid.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 04:15:17 AM »
Ugh.  Depressed "comedy".  

Notice how the first guy only got about three, half-hearted laughs?  Poor delivery and bad material.

I wish the second guy could come here as a motivational poster.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 03:27:52 PM by Cave Dweller »
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline USA man

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 12:00:47 AM »
Yeah you can tell the first guy is not confident and insecure which is probably the root of his lady problems whereas the second one is confident and secure. I feel like women would not care about baldness if you're confident and secure with yourself.

Another bald guy that's funny and jokes about it...Robert Hawkins.