Author Topic: Gillette Skinguard  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
Gillette Skinguard
« on: January 19, 2019, 02:25:47 PM »
I was just reading about Gillette's new razor, the Skinguard. It's supposed to be awesome for sensitive skin. I read a couple of reviews and they say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. No place local has them, so I ordered one. I'll review it when I get it and try it out. Has anyone used one yet?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Gillette Skinguard
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 11:52:31 PM »
I'm interested to hear what you think of it.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 09:30:18 AM »
I was just reading about 's new razor, the Skinguard. It's supposed to be awesome for sensitive skin. I read a couple of reviews and they say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. No place local has them, so I ordered one. I'll review it when I get it and try it out. Has anyone used one yet?
LOVE to hear of your experience once you try it.

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 01:19:06 PM »
Just to let you know, the review is up!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 12:03:55 PM »
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 09:46:28 PM »
I used the Gillette Skinguard for the first time today. The handle with 2 cartridges are $9.97 at Walmart and I had  $5 coupon so it cost me $4.97, cheap enough for me to give it a chance.

I'm on the fence about it. I have several knicks on my head and every time I shave over time, they bleed and don't have time to heal if I'm shaving everyday or every other day. For reasons I don't understand, I was able to get my usual smooth shave except without re-opening the knicks and bleeding. I could barely feel the razor passing over my scalp. My issue, is that there were a few spots that I had to go over several times.

I don't see this being a razor I'll use daily. I go through phases where I'll constantly knick my head and there are other times were I can weeks or months without doing so. I think I'll keep the Skinguard handy for the times where I've had a particular rough go in knicking my scalp.

While I don't plan on using the Skinguard daily, I'm still impressed!

Offline leibows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 08:39:16 AM »
Makes sense to keep the Skinguard for the times you describe.
However, from an economic sense, the blade prices for this razor is ridiculous.
I use the Mach 3 and have rough patches at times, but overall a good shave with reasonable blade cost.