Author Topic: Weight management  (Read 2182 times)

Offline BBC_Chicken

• Sly Guy in Training
Weight management
« on: June 30, 2020, 09:59:53 AM »
Hi guys,

Just wondering out loud if anyone on here struggles with their weight?

I’ve just been given orders from my doctor to lose a ton of weight...

Gonna try weight watchers and see how that goes...

Just interested in if others have a similar issue?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Weight management
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 11:45:40 AM »
I've always had to watch my weight, but some health issues are a great motivator to lose weight. I'm down over 40 lbs over the last 7 years, wish I could lose those last 15 lbs!

I have a friend that lost 50 lbs last year on Weight watchers. Just remember, you can't just go on a diet. You have to make changes for a lifetime that you can live with. And don't go for the quick results, you'll gain it back. Exercise is equally important, even if it just walking. Go for it!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline BBC_Chicken

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 03:07:16 AM »
40lbs is really great! Congrats.

Ur mate on WW and you are both inspiring! It can be done!

It will be done!!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 08:49:48 AM »
I have been fighting the spread for many years.  I started needing to loose about 20 lb to reach my goal about 25 yeas ago, now I have a 50 to go.  Nothing I have tried has worked - I loose about 5 to 10 pounds and it just seems like my body reacts and adjusts to the change to counter-act it.  I am currently in a weight loss medical study with supervised diets and a supplement to help make me feel full.  I have been in it for about 5 months so far, and I am at the same weight I started at.

I do have some genetics working against me - my mother was obese (more than me), and my two siblings are the same way.  So I have less issues than the three of them.
SlyBeard

Offline JimHLA

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 10:47:26 AM »

Offline JimHLA

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 03:41:17 PM »
I had a very good experience with weight watchers. I was able to lose 45 lbs which was 22% of my body weight. I have keep the weight off for over 8 years. The key to modify how you think about food, make better choices with the food you eat and to exercise.