Author Topic: Has this gone too far?  (Read 3066 times)

Offline kotaboy1349

• Learning the way of Sly
Has this gone too far?
« on: August 07, 2019, 11:54:24 AM »
Have I reached the point of, "It's better to be bald than balding?" Thoughts?
https://ibb.co/P4m366X

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Has this gone too far?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 12:15:43 PM »
Looks like you still have alot of hair. Definitely not to the point of needing to shave.

If you just want to try it, go for it. You won't believe how great it feels! If you don't like it, in a couple weeks you'll grow out to a buzzcut.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 12:37:06 PM »
Have I reached the point of, "It's better to be bald than balding?" Thoughts?
https://ibb.co/P4m366X
It's not that bad yet. If the crown of your head starts to thin and show scalp, that's a time when you need to consider taking action.

My crown and front hairline seemed to fall out at the same time. But we're all different. Best to ya.

Offline professor

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 02:54:19 PM »
Still looks like you have a long way to go from the front. If you are genuinely interested In what you would look like go ahead and buzz it down to a 0 or 1 and see how it suits you.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 12:43:42 AM »
Being sly can be a hairstyle choice.  You have choices as you still have plenty of hair but if you want to try sly, why not?

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 04:32:51 PM »
I always said I would rather shave than have a balding head.  That is what I did when I first noticed thinning, and others thought I still had a full head of hair.  Less than 5 years later, I have almost no hair on top.  So it is your choice if or when to shave, there is no "best" time.  If you want to be proactive about it, shave now.  Or if you just want to try it out, it will grow back just like you have it now.  Or you can wait.

One thing that I think worked for me was deciding before hand what I would do and when.  Having already made my decision, when the thinning started, I just did it and did not go through the mental adjustment that a lot of guys do when they a struggling and trying to keep thinning hair.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 07:29:44 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline C.Jones

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 11:22:37 PM »
No way man. youve got at least a couple years ahead of you