Author Topic: I'm 37, buzz or bald? Angiomas and a big head? Help  (Read 7298 times)

Offline americasycho

• Learning the way of Sly
I'm 37, buzz or bald? Angiomas and a big head? Help
« on: March 10, 2019, 05:36:21 PM »
Long story short, I'm 37 and trying to deal with this balding issue.

I've debated on a buzz cut, but I have pale skin (despite the pics).  I also have roughly 7 cherry angiomas that I've seen on my scalp.  They're not raised, but the flat kind, however they're cosmetically unsightly and make me feel self conscious.

My wife doesn't want me to do either because she says I have a big head, and no facial hair grown at the moment.  Admittedly I'm overweight and I think a buzz or bald would be bad, but I don't know what to do.  What do you guys think?

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
Re: I'm 37, buzz or bald? Angiomas and a big head? Help
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 09:03:00 PM »
Shave your head and give it a try for 30 days.
Then is time to decide ;)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 09:05:17 PM »
Those angiomas don’t look as bad as you think.  We’ve all got blemishes of some sort.  Can anything be done about them?

The reality is you’re going to lose more hair eventually and they will be exposed, so don’t let them stop you from shaving.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 10:21:40 PM »
Long story short, I'm 37 and trying to deal with this balding issue.

I've debated on a buzz cut, but I have pale skin (despite the pics).  I also have roughly 7 cherry angiomas that I've seen on my scalp.  They're not raised, but the flat kind, however they're cosmetically unsightly and make me feel self conscious.

My wife doesn't want me to do either because she says I have a big head, and no facial hair grown at the moment.  Admittedly I'm overweight and I think a buzz or bald would be bad, but I don't know what to do.  What do you guys think?

buzz and hit the gym. You'll up your game fast!

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 05:15:21 AM »
Go for a shjort buzz, certainly better than now

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 05:45:22 AM »
I'm going to give you a different option. Don't shave your head! I don't think you want to, and have raised some valid reasons. Maybe just experiment with a shorter style first. I'm not sure why the idea of shaving bald has entered your head, but it surely sounds like you're trying to talk yourself out of it.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 08:23:32 AM »
it comes down to what you want to do.  If your asking what we would do, we have already chosen to shave, so we would shave in your situation.  But many guys in your situation choose progressively shorter haircuts.  If you like a short buzz, you will likely also like shaved, but it may take some time to get there.
SlyBeard

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 08:33:47 AM »
I'm going to give you a different option. Don't shave your head! I don't think you want to, and have raised some valid reasons. Maybe just experiment with a shorter style first. I'm not sure why the idea of shaving bald has entered your head, but it surely sounds like you're trying to talk yourself out of it.
good advice. buzz to a 3, 1, 0 and take it from there. You'll look a hundred times better than what you got now.

Offline professor

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 11:46:51 AM »
Given your apprehension it would be best to start slowly, cut your hair shorter and work up to a buzz cut.  At the same time consider growing a beard if that is something you want to try to give yourself options.  The spots are not a big deal in my opinion, we all tend to make a bigger deal over subtle blemishes.  Good Luck

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 12:11:59 PM »
I would definitely look into going shorter. The current look is doing you no favors, IMO
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 12:25:49 PM »
  Sent you asked for my opinion I’ll give you my honest opinion.

I don’t care if you’re overweight I don’t care what you think about your head shape in those little cherry angiomas are no big deal but your current haircut is like a 20 foot billboard screaming “look at me I am a victim of hair loss!”

Why do you want to be a victim?   Take control, shave your head,  yeah become a new billboard that says ; “ i’m a confident guy takes control and chooses this hairstyle!”
 Like all of us at first it will seem shocking, but you owe it to yourself into your wife to abide by the 30 day rule and keep it shaved for 30 straight days give your brain and your wife time before perform a new mental image of you of yourself.

If you do this I think you’ll find like many of us have that the act of taking control in there looking good will give you the confidence that you need to make any other changes you need in your life if you want to lose weight you’ll be able to lose weight if you want to hit the gym you’ll be able to hit the gym, etc. but you owe it to yourself to do this for yourself

Offline TxTa2Guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald By Choice since August 24, 2009
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 01:33:54 PM »
Just shave it all. It will grow back to a buzz very quickly if you don’t love it and shave again! I’ve been BBC Bald By Choice for over 9.5 years and love it. I still had most of a full head of hair when I shaved it the first time at sixty years old. Since then I decided twice to let mine grow out. The first time after about six months bald, I couldn’t stand the “hair up thair” after about two weeks. The second time, after being bald for about nine years, I didn’t even last a week before I slicked it.

If you really want to grow some hair, GROW A BEARD!

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 06:27:09 PM »
I think you look just fine as you are, honestly.  But if you are not happy with it just cut it and see how it feels.  It will grow back quickly anyway so don't worry.
The little red things are a non-issue, they are unique anyway and your head size is normal so put all those thoughts out of your head!

Offline americasycho

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 07:07:02 PM »
Wow, thanks for all the responses guys.

I'm not going to go full sly yet, but after reading what a lot of you have to say, I think my best move is to grow my beard out once again so it is nice and full.  Then in a couple months I'm going to go with a buzz sort of haircut, probably with a 3 guard. 

I think that may be my best option.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 10:07:43 PM »
Wow, thanks for all the responses guys.

I'm not going to go full sly yet, but after reading what a lot of you have to say, I think my best move is to grow my beard out once again so it is nice and full.  Then in a couple months I'm going to go with a buzz sort of haircut, probably with a 3 guard. 

I think that may be my best option.
good strategy.