Author Topic: Should I?  (Read 1864 times)

Offline lkgi

• Learning the way of Sly
Should I?
« on: July 17, 2012, 08:00:49 AM »
Hi there, i have been lurking around for a good year and thought now would be a good time to start posting...

So, I'm 16 years old (I imagine one of the youngest here) and I have been thinking about shaving or buzzing my head for a long while now. I still have a full head of hair apart from a little thinning and some receeding at the front. Right now I keep my hair kinda long, the top is around 4/5 inches at least but the sides when cut they are buzzed to a #2. (Google 'Aiden Grimshaw' and you will see a vague idea of what I mean - will post a pic later.)

I'm thinking about getting my whole head buzzed to a #2 or even a 1. To be honest I am quite sick of having longish hair, I have to wash and dry it every day (w/ hair dryer) too. Right now I'm on holiday and I'm seeing people all around with buzzed heads so I guess this is making me want it even more, plus the heat is pretty unbearable - but I just can't get myself to do it. Maybe I care too much about what people think, I don't know. Also I have dirty blonde hair which goes even blonder in the sun too, and also if I cut off the bulk of my hair I'm gonna have a huge white head. :/ Also I am a little overweight (not hugely) but I am 6'3" tall too.

Is there really any kind of advice or encouragement you guys can give me?

Thanks, Luke :)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Should I?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 12:33:17 PM »
Hey Luke:  Welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  Glad that ya joined us.  Anytime one thinks about shaving their dome;  one will never be satisfied until the "deed is done".  So...I say satisfy your thoughts and not others and ..."Shave that dome".  O:O O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 12:38:23 PM »
yes.
welcome
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 12:46:48 PM »
I have to agree. If you're thinking about it just do it.

You have nothing to lose and plenty to gain.  8)

Andrei

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 01:16:00 PM »
Welcome Luke!
Everybody that you see sporting a buzz cut was in this point: wondering if it will look good or not on him/her.
There's only one way to find out if you like it or not so don't wait too much.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 02:34:21 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Luke!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 04:11:18 PM »
Welcome, Luke! Give it a try, if you don't like it, you can always grow it back.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 05:35:31 PM »
Well, yes, if you shave off all your hair, your head will look light. But this will tan soon enough. If you can't stand the look, then buzz down to #1 or no guard, give it two weeks of plenty of sun and then shave it.

Bald heads are very stylish.  They feel great. Look sharp.  You'll never know until you do it. 

Welcome to sbg.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 07:01:29 PM »
Welcome Luke.  You've got the itch ... now you need to scratch it. (Or shave it.)

You will be awestruck by the look (in a good way) and by how simple it is to live with.

Keep us posted.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 08:02:51 PM »
Welcome to the bald brotherhood Luke. You are young, you can get away with anything. Give shaving your head a try since you have been thinking about it. Best regards.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!