Author Topic: BEST Clippers for Head-Shavers Who Don't Like a Razor Shaved Dome!!!  (Read 494541 times)

Offline Captain BlackFoot

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: BEST Clippers for Head-Shavers Who Don't Like a Razor Shaved Dome!!!
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2013, 05:11:51 PM »
Hello,

I'm a 39 year old black male and I'm new to the forum. I've started shaving my head and I used a electric shaver and broke out in bumps so I'm here for advice.

I have a andis speedmaster

https://www.andis.com/new-pivot-motor-combo-from-andis

A oster fastfeed

http://www.beautyink.com/detail.asp?product_sysno={68C7E656-4F82-4CDB-B532-DA52C5DF7CEF}&section=se

and a andis t outlinler

http://www.folica.com/tools/hair-clippers/andis-t-outliner-trimmer?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=fgl_R8638&gclid=CLq3jOeBwLsCFWJo7AodtxgAgg

Well, I also have a remmington electric shaver

http://www.remingtonproducts.com/mens/shavers/foil-shavers/F3900-Dual-Flexing-Foil-Shaver.aspx

I shaved my head a acouple weeks back and I got razor bumps all over my head and I think it's because of the foil shaver. The other shavers I have leave spots in my head that I had to pay my barber to get rid off.

I want to go as close as possible and I'm thinking I need to add a extra shaver to my collection.

I was thinking either a andis profoil shaver since it's specifically for black men or a wahl balding clipper and then to finish it off with the t outliner.

I'll post a picture of my head and my hair is kinda difficult to bald.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37159305/2013-12-20%2016.55.00.jpg

please advise what I should do?

After I shaved my head I just used aftershave from walgreens so maybe thats why I got bumps.

Offline Derris The Barber

• Sly
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2013, 05:59:40 PM »
Give the Wahl 5 Star Shaver a shot, it works very well.
-Derris The Barber

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2013, 06:01:55 PM »
what do you recommend for aftershave?

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2013, 06:02:39 PM »
Is the blade on the oster fast feed interchangeable?

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2014, 01:07:47 PM »
But, once you get your hair almost shaved off wouldnt the clipper be the wrong item to keep it 00000?

• Sly
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2014, 09:43:58 AM »
Captain Blackfoot sorry for the late reply. The blades are not interchangeable, but I just use regular alcohol for aftershave. To you Koolpc what clipper are you talking about?
-Derris The Barber

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2014, 12:29:44 PM »
Captain Blackfoot sorry for the late reply. The blades are not interchangeable, but I just use regular alcohol for aftershave. To you Koolpc what clipper are you talking about?

Wahl Balding

• Sly
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2014, 08:49:07 PM »
You can use it to keep it shaved down but like every 3 day, not everyday. If you want it every day I suggest the Wahl 5-Star Shaver
-Derris The Barber

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2014, 01:49:35 AM »
Or the Wahl Detailer every 3-4 days. Cuts closer than the balding once you reset the blade, but more timely due to smaller head. I want to try the T double wide blade, which I understand is 0.5cm wider.. Not too sure what difference this might make!?
Growing Old Disgracefully - But Bald!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2014, 02:17:44 AM »
The Wahl Detailer can be had for a good price. Looking for a shaver etc that will take my hair down to almost the same as a wet shave. Been reading tons of reviews plus youtube vids.

Guys, the Wahl Detailer, a good alternative?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:21:29 AM by Koolpc »

Offline mp91

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2014, 11:33:39 PM »
guys, i'm a newbie to all this stuff so i'm asking for some advice. I'm currently using the andis superliner with satisfactory results. I'm still considering making the transition to blades for a better shave. Do blades really give that much better of a shave? I've heard the mach 3 is the best blade, is that really true? if so, why is it better than the fusion. Also I'm not really going for the 'slick n shiny'  bald look but rather, since I still have hair on top my head I was more going for the rock/vin diesel shaved look. Can I get that with a razor or is a razor restricted to achieving the 'slick n shiny' look. Thanks guys

Offline Roger

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2014, 08:36:04 AM »
HOLY CRAP! Derris.  Dude, you gotta throw out a warning about the Wahl 5 star shaver.  That thing is hella powerful!  I just tried them for the first time and that thing scared the hell out of me!   Too Funny!  When I was shaving my head with them it sounded like one of those tree trimmer mulchers that they feed the chopped down branches into.  Sucker was loud and strong.

I'm definitely impressed with the closeness of the shave. I laid down some Williams 'Lectric Shave before I fired up the shaver and got a very, very close shave on the melon.  I could be wrong but I do believe that I am feeling some baby buttness in a lot of places.  I imagine that it will only be better tomorrow when I shave after taking a shower.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:48:14 AM by Roger »

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2014, 11:58:28 AM »
The Detailer is supposed to shave even closer!

Offline dcozad999

« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2014, 12:10:51 PM »
Purchased the Wahl Balding Clippers from Amazon last week and they worked great... that day.  Tried them again yesterday and they turn on but are not cutting.  Anyone have any experience with these and know what the problem may be? 

Like I said they switch on (though the click doesn't sound the same as it did last week).  You can hear and feel that they are on, but they just aren't cutting.  Do I need to just return them?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Purchased the Wahl Balding Clippers from Amazon last week and they worked great... that day.  Tried them again yesterday and they turn on but are not cutting.  Anyone have any experience with these and know what the problem may be? 

Like I said they switch on (though the click doesn't sound the same as it did last week).  You can hear and feel that they are on, but they just aren't cutting.  Do I need to just return them?

I would call our email Wahl.  Sounds like you might have received a lemon.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.