Author Topic: don't like pictures of myself  (Read 12430 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: don't like pictures of myself
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 09:15:20 PM »
Both your Avatar and your Paris photo look good, although the Paris photo has some shadow of several days' growth.  I'd prefer shaved smooth. Just feels so good.

It does take a while to get used to the new completely sly look. I still find myself looking in the reflective windows and mirrors and feel like I'm still getting used to my new look. It's better than it was a year ago, but it does take a while to get used to it.

Mr. Z.

Offline leighmundo40

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 03:23:54 AM »
I TOTALLY know how you feel, I have yet to have a photo taken without me wearing a hat of myself since ditching my system over 12months ago!!

I think we are our own worst enemies! I looked at your photo and thought you looked absolutely fine! But the thing is, we tend not to listen to the positives from others, more the voice in our heads going "You look weird! You look odd!"

It's a battle! But honestly, you look great!

Offline MarkusToe

• Sly
  • spring is coming
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 03:51:22 AM »
I think it has a lot to do wirh comparing myself to others

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 09:36:10 AM »
Ah, yes, one of the biggest flaws of human nature....trying to measure ourselves against others....I've done that many of times myself in my bald years.....One step to make yourself happier with you is reciting silently to yourself "My standards not yours" This even applies in the world of bald. You'll get there in time, Markus, keep your head up!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline sahil15

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 10:24:02 AM »
Mate you look great... nothing to worry about... I do understand how you feel though... I dont think Im still comfortable with anyone taking a photo of me from the back or side.....And who are you comparing yourself too? you dont need to compare yourself to anyone... you rock the fully shaved and buzzed look....

Offline clarinetguy

• BBC and Sly since April 22,2012
  • Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 07:33:33 PM »
Looks good- just think when you shave again it will feel spectacular!

Offline MarkusToe

• Sly
  • spring is coming
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 09:04:14 AM »
here's a quote I wanted to share with you from this book http://www.amazon.com/The-Happiness-Trap-Struggling-Living/dp/1590305841/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363791778&sr=8-1&keywords=happiness+trap

"The 'Don't get killed' device of our ancestors helped them survive by constantly comparing them to other members of the clan, to ensure that they didn't get rejected. And it constantly drew attention to their weaknesses, so they could improve on them and thereby live longer."

benlen

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 06:25:27 PM »
Markus, I'm not one to try and preach or anything, but I think from what you've written here you might appreciate Eckhart Tolle's "Power of Now." If you can get it on audiobook that's best. It's a magical book about how changing your thinking and outlook in a few simple ways.