Author Topic: Recently Divorced, Trouble with Confidence  (Read 13176 times)

Offline StillStrongSamson

• Learning the way of Sly
Recently Divorced, Trouble with Confidence
« on: January 01, 2016, 07:56:52 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Jason and I live in the Tampa area. I'm 43 years old and just recently got divorced from my wife of 14 years. It was a long (18 months+) and costly divorce for me and combined with the stresses of work, I lost a lot of my hair. I was already balding but the divorce just exacerbated things. It's been really hard on me and I've had a lot of trouble even finding the motivation to do things. I hate going out because of the way I look, I'm really down about the pattern my hair is in. That's why I came to this site, I see how confident a lot of you guys are with your bald heads and....I guess I just want that feeling again. I've never shaved my head, and to be honest, I'm scared to try. But I'm even more scared of not being able to get back out in the dating scene. I've tried once or twice before but I just messed it up, I was so nervous about my hair, I actually spilled wine on my date (she defeintely never wanted to see me again). I could really use some advice and you guys seem like you have it together, especially when it comes to being sly. thanks for your help as I start my sly journey.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Recently Divorced, Trouble with Confidence
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 09:48:58 PM »
During this time of personal change is the perfect time to also change not only how you look, but how you look at yourself.

You've got nothing to lose. You already hate the way your hair looks, and in the very unlikely event that getting rid of it doesn't suit you, it grows back much more quickly than you might imagine.

Give it the 30-day trial. You're likely to surprise yourself.

Offline Double Diablo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 10:25:39 PM »
Dude, you have gone single at the best time!  Early to mid 40s is the best time.  Shave your head, workout a little bit and get into some manly hobby like motorcycles or guns.  Be Alpha!  Just let your testosterone loose and be a man.  Walk with a swagger.  Right now, at this age, you are a prize!  Think back over your life and count up how many of your friends and acquaintances have passed away.  How many were male?  Mostly all of them right? Think about it.  Men drop dead like flies.  The stress of providing and being male brings on heart disease, high blood pressure.  Our work places expose us to cancer causing agents.  Hell, our jobs (cops, oil field roughnecks, truck drivers, construction, soldiers, armored truck drivers, lumberjacks) kill us.  When is the last time you heard of a woman dying at work?

Women will fight over you once they know you are out there.  By the time we are in our 40s, there really are not that many of us left.  You take out all the ones that have died, the ones that have given in to the fact that they are gay, the ones in the priesthood and how many are left out there?

Just get out there.  Let women see that there is a single guy out there and believe me, they will come to you.  I milked this for years once I saw how it was.  You play your cards right, you will get laid right and left.  And you won't have to jump through any hoops for it either.  You will hve so much pussy thrown at you you won't believe it.  I did not even get laid like this in college.

You go for it.
I ain't dying.  I'm just shot up a little is all- Mox Mox

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 12:22:14 AM »
Welcome and good luck to you.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Big Jon

• Sly Jr.
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 05:15:41 AM »
I'm going through a divorce right now, and I understand how tough it is. I say give it 30 days and within that time focus on yourself.

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 04:20:38 PM »
Jason,

Let me just first say you've come to the right place. This is a forum full of supportive gentlemen. I know what you're saying when you say stress accelerated the hair loss. That's what happened to me. I started thinning in my early 20s but after losing both parents and taking care of the surviving one who was in poor health to start with, my hair really started to disappear. It was so bad in the crown area that I looked like Friar Tuck lol. From there, I buzzed it progressively shorter until I shaved it completely off. Let me tell me that it's one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. I have gotten more attention from the ladies since I've been bald than I ever did with hair. I'm almost 30 years old and plan to stay bald the rest of my life. Shave that head and rock that baldness! You won't regret it! O0

Offline StillStrongSamson

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 05:22:16 PM »
Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate the support, your kind words have really helped me!

- Jason

Offline Double Diablo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 10:58:16 PM »
If you do decide to go slick, let me tell one look that makes the ladies drool!  The Oakleys pushed up on your head.  Something about that particular look just makes the girls moist and their panties drop to their ankles!

But it is all about having a confident vibe,  I have never been a good looking guy, but I have always been a bit cocky.  Not to the point of arrogance, but to where a self confidence is obvious. Work on that.

That is the difference between the "nice guy" who goes home alone after a night at the bar and the guy that gets the girl and you wonder how that is possible.

Offline beardbald

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 05:41:04 PM »
Not all women will drool over a bald guy and not every guy looks fantastic bald. However I do think that people that take control of their hairloss do come over as more attractive in a "this is me" kinda way. The woman isn't sitting there thinking "is he trying to disguise the fact he is losing his hair".....  Everyone has things they are attracted to and not attracted to and being bald won't be for every prospective date but then you could also be too fat, or too thin, or to tall or too short.... sadly when you date you are putting yourself out there and it is about attractiveness when you first meet as that's the first impression. However sometimes someone that you may not be the type of initially starts to find more than your looks attractive too.

If you do shave your head before you throw yourself into the dating scene, you'll be meeting new people that just have never seen you with hair. How they meet you now will be their only measurement of how you look.

If you come across as being yourself and you click with the person you are dating then the bald head probably won't even factor into it.     

Offline Double Diablo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 06:16:35 PM »

If you do shave your head before you throw yourself into the dating scene, you'll be meeting new people that just have never seen you with hair. How they meet you now will be their only measurement of how you look.

This is quite true.  When I was in the Army and promoted to Sergeant, I was put in charge of a squad.  This of guy I had palled around with.  When I tried to give orders or enforce some discipline I was not taken too seriously.  They were too used to knowing me before I was an NCO.

Things got better when I was PCSed to Ft. Bragg.  I arrived there as a Sergeant and they knew me as nothing else. 

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 04:31:09 PM »
Not much to add, my brothers have said it all, "but" the sooner you do it, the sooner you get rid of the worry and you will be surprised how much more confident you will feel...good luck and keep us posted...and put up a photo

Offline agentfortyseven

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 08:58:45 AM »
Hey man I am almost certain I'm about to go through a divorce and I am just completely shocked and beside myself trying to figure this out. But I'll say before I committed to being sly anytime I needed a change or confidence boost I'd shave my head and it'd help quite a bit just feel like I carry myself better and more confident with a shaved head. I see this post is old, hopefully things have gotten better for you

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2016, 07:28:26 AM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Jason and I live in the Tampa area. I'm 43 years old and just recently got divorced from my wife of 14 years. It was a long (18 months+) and costly divorce for me and combined with the stresses of work, I lost a lot of my hair. I was already balding but the divorce just exacerbated things. It's been really hard on me and I've had a lot of trouble even finding the motivation to do things. I hate going out because of the way I look.

What you describe sounds like grief to me. And grief is normal. What you are going through right now is not so different than if someone you loved had died. All things look different to you now, your life has meaning but it is not the same meaning that it had when you were married and you may not have found out what the meaning is yet. Give yourself some time to get your feet under you before you go out looking for new women, I also recommend staying away, as much as possible, from intoxicants. When a man is in this situation it can become too easy to go from having "a beer" with friends to getting trashed and driving your car into someone's living room. You might also consider finding a grief counselor or a grief support group that you can check in with from time to time if, for no other reason, than to understand that your feelings about what happened are not substantially different from the next person's. And don't rush any of this. Grief looks different in every one of us that has to go through it and there is no schedule that tells you when it's over. If you feel like hanging out at home do so but be careful about making isolation a habit. Right now nobody but you knows how bad this feels.
Good luck to you.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2016, 10:10:12 AM »
Jason,

Buddha has given good advice. Grief can result from any loss, not just a death. There is no "timetable" about when your grief over the divorce will end.  It's also not good to allow yourself to become isolated.  Support groups & counselling (with a therapist who is knowledgeable in grief counselling) can be a big help. There's nothing "unmanly" about getting some help through life's rough patches.  Too many men think that they have to go it alone and don't seek out help.  Hope this helps.

Offline drew847

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2016, 01:29:27 PM »
If you do decide to go slick, let me tell one look that makes the ladies drool!  The Oakleys pushed up on your head.  Something about that particular look just makes the girls moist and their panties drop to their ankles!

But it is all about having a confident vibe,  I have never been a good looking guy, but I have always been a bit cocky.  Not to the point of arrogance, but to where a self confidence is obvious. Work on that.

That is the difference between the "nice guy" who goes home alone after a night at the bar and the guy that gets the girl and you wonder how that is possible.

To the OP, please don't take advice from this gigantic douche nozzle.

Enter your email address: