Author Topic: chickening  (Read 7187 times)

Offline almostbald_again

• Sly Guy in Training
chickening
« on: January 10, 2009, 11:52:37 PM »
My second thread after my intro post on the introductions board. Holidays are over and I still have all the hair. I already did it once before. No clue why I'm chickening out! So far the hair is still there.

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: chickening
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 12:28:27 AM »
Welcome back. The good news is that it's (shaving your head) a reversible process! And I don't think it's chickening out at all. For a lot of guys, it takes a substantial leap of faith and bit o' courage to go for it.

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 12:34:34 AM »
If you've done it before then obviously your not chicken!  Did you like being slick? If so what's stopping you? From your Avatar you Rock it!

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 04:14:40 AM »
Do it when you feel right.You have the dome for it.
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 05:33:18 AM »
Welcome, From your avatar you have a dome to be envied.  I would want to show it off.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 06:29:06 AM »
Nice dome.  Do it when it's right.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 07:28:14 AM »
Welcome, From your avatar you have a dome to be envied.  I would want to show it off.

Exactly.  Covering that dome with hair should be a hanging offense!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 08:23:55 AM »
It's not about chickening out at all. You need to do what feels right for you. If you didn't like the shaved feel when you did it, then it isn't right for you.
I would still recommend that you give it a full 30 day test run before you make a final decision.

And I agree with the brothers, that is a fine looking shaved head that you are sporting.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

BALDANDRE

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 10:16:32 AM »

Exactly.  Covering that dome with hair should be a hanging offense!

Agreed...that's a nice looking skinned dome bro, if that's yours..

shave it smooth..

the world deserves to see that bald perfection! O0

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 10:34:24 AM »
Hey: if I can be sly (and I'm a chicken at most stuff!! :D) Then anyone can be sly, bro: just take it at your own pace. O0

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 10:48:07 AM »
Let's see, you posted this late last night, so you may have been a few to the good--and you came to the Forum.  Don't you see a pattern here, you want to do it.  The guys are right and the itch won't stop until you scratch it ;).  If you haven't showered up to watch the games today and you've returned to see what we said, why don't you hop in, you've done it before, and clean that dome--everyone is right it looks good if your avatar is really you.  And don't stop shaving for a month too.  You want to do it, you're coming here for encouragment and validation.  You've gotten it, only you can finish this.  Get going. O:O O:O O:O,  Then take another picture and post your results.

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 03:41:41 PM »
Hey, man, you've got the itch.  The only way to get over it is to do the deed.  Otherwise you'll be spending a lot of energy thinking about it.  What didn't you like about your first Sly experience? 

All any of us on this forum can do is encourage you  --  we can't make up your mind for you.  But it sure seems to me that you must have liked it the first time or you wouldn't be thinking about it again.

Scratch the itch, man!   
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline almostbald_again

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 08:05:55 PM »
Hi all. Thanks for the encouraging comments. Yes, the photo on my avatar is me. Back in April.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 08:10:57 PM »
Hi all. Thanks for the encouraging comments. Yes, the photo on my avatar is me. Back in April.

Put yourself out of your misery and shave.  I can remember one time, after I'd shaved and grown my hair back, when I got the urge to shave it smooth again.  I was lying in bed at 2 am thinking about it -- and after thinking about it for a long while, I just got up and did it.  Then I went back to bed and fell right into a peaceful sleep.

You have a huge advantage over most fence-sitters in that you already know what it's going to look like.  I can't imagine why you'd even want hair.

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 09:09:13 AM »
Do it right now, man.  RIGHT NOW!!!  you got this

Enter your email address: