Author Topic: No one likes it - just me  (Read 9370 times)

Offline UKnewbie

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: No one likes it - just me
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 02:38:12 PM »
I think it looks great and really suits you. People just need to get used to it.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 02:39:10 PM »
Look at it this way -- you've been there several times, as you've stated.  Why do you think that is?  You've given into pressure to grow your hair back and then you've kicked yourself for caving -- and at some point you end up shaving your head again.  Why?  Because you want to be bald.  You wouldn't keep going down that road -- and you wouldn't have joined this group --if you didn't.  You won't be happy until you shave your head and keep it shaved.  

I know exactly what you're going through.   Trust me, the answer to your dilemma is to shave and make the commitment to keep it shaved for 30 days, no matter what.  That means that no matter how many negative comments you get, no matter how self-conscious you may feel about showing off your dome to family and friends, you will still continue to shave it.  If nothing else, you'll score some points with yourself for sticking it out.  

Go ahead and shave that dome -- and when you feel like your resolve is wavering, come back to this site and we'll give you all the support you need.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 03:11:10 PM »
You should go back..

two reasons, you look great with the bald head and clean shaven face, it's looks natural on you and...

YOU obviously love and WANT to be bald again...

I say shave it all smooth again and go back to the version you like best!

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 05:43:42 PM »
Amess -- You're lookin' good either way, but you clearly liked a smooth head when you had it.  Folks you don't know don't give a rip about your hair.  The folks who are closest to you, and hold the power of opinion are the ones who give unsolicited critiques.  IF you want to go sly again, DO IT because YOU want to.  And give it some time.  The worst that can happen now is you may hear a repeat of the critiques you've heard before.  Big deal.  Give it the 30 day commitment.  Even tell them you don't want to hear about it if you have to.   It's YOUR head and YOUR choice. 

Good Luck!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 04:27:30 PM by MLNHD »
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 05:55:30 PM »
"Thank you for your feedback, but I am not soliciting opinions at this point."

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 06:14:15 PM »
"Thank you for your feedback, but I am not soliciting opinions at this point."

Well, that's more diplomatic than the "Who the F asked for your opinion" that I usually say.    ;D

Offline robj

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2008, 07:48:09 AM »
Amess,

You look great shaved. People do eventually get use to the new look. I used to get comments all the time when I shaved my head with the clippers. Now people very rarely comment.

baldy46

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 08:20:43 AM »
Great comments on this post guys.  I can really relate to this.  I've found that when I went back and forth between having hair and shaving, I got a lot more comments.  People thought they could persuade me to keep the hair.  I've been smooth eight months now and no one, except maybe my wife every now and then, says a thing.  Being bald is the best!  It's the only do-it-yourself haircut that looks good IMHO, as someone else said.  Hopefully, I'll just keep getting balder and balder, so I won't have to shave so much of the noggin!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 11:03:45 AM »
  Hopefully, I'll just keep getting balder and balder, so I won't have to shave so much of the noggin!

:*)) :*)) :*)) :*))

Strange to think, or should I say admit, that thought.  I've done that myself recently and thought, "better keep that to myself!"  But like all things sly, there aren't any thoughts or opinions that someone on this site hasn't had, heard, or in some cases seen.  Thanks for making me and others see that this is just another benefit of slyness.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 05:17:44 PM »
I'm jealous that you have both options and can pull off either.  Mother Nature has not given me that choice, so I love being sly.  I'm a lifer.  You do look great shaved, so do what pleases YOU, and screw everyone else.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

changeling

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 07:07:10 PM »
Well...the crew knows my story but if they don't mind, I'll recap.  I had a full head of hair.  In fact it was shoulder length for many years. Then, decided I was tired of dealing with long hair so cut it off, shaping to collar length.  Over time, clipped it shorter but didn't like it.  Plus, I was dealing with job and marriage issues.  Almost in an act of defiance and a declaration of self, I took it all off.  My wife was definitely surprised.  But what surprised me was the surge in confidence accompanied by a renewal of emotional energy.  I also started working out and grew a goatee to boot!(My wife always complained when I'd start growing one.  Now she seems to like it.  Go figure.)  Though I'm not Archie Bunker, I see that society is becoming too feminized and whether in books, movies or commercials, men are being made to look like fools, incompetents or low lifes.   Unfurl your flag of independence and if no one likes it, go find new friends. :Xo!

Offline Tor

• Ride the World!
  • Sly
  • Bald Rider
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 12:30:34 PM »
Welcome to the site. Agree with what others have said. You need to listen to yourself, instead of trying to please others. And I 100% quarantee you that as you go through the first 30 days and beyond, your self confidence will go through the roof. Keep us updated.  O0
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 11:04:46 AM »
amess, a late welcome to you, bro. I'm just catching up with all the posts.

I agree with what all the bro's have said, and I just have to point out the title of your post:
no one likes it- just me.

That's it in a nutshell right there, all that matters is that you like it, and you are happy with doing it. Simple.

Hope you choose to keep it smooth.    O0

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2009, 10:32:11 AM »
I have a full head, so I can be bald or not anytime. Some people prefer me with hair, but like my bald dome, too. They simply got accostumed.
In fact, I shave for pleasure. It's delicious to be smooth. So I don't mind what people will think. I mind what I like to feel.

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 03:29:35 AM »
I gotta say dude, it really suits you!! Keep it and the comments will subside!!