Author Topic: No one likes it - just me  (Read 9356 times)

amess_1999

No one likes it - just me
« on: December 21, 2008, 06:12:41 AM »
Hey guys,

it's quite hard: I want to be bald - and I have been bald on and off. But no one, really no one, does like it. To get an impression, look at the pix. I dont know what to do. Is it that bad? I want to shave it all off, but I cannot stand the negative feedback I am getting.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: No one likes it - just me
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 06:17:45 AM »
Welcome, amess.  It sounds to me like you are listening to the wrong people.  You look good with a smooth head.  But either way, it looks like you have a fullhead of hair, so you can do what you want.  Try it off and on if you like.  But you really should give it at least 30 days or people will not have a chance to get used to the change.

Best of luck,
Rick
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 06:33:43 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Amess! I think you look good shaved. Listen to your own heart........ it's your life, nobody elses.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 07:12:57 AM »
Welcome, amess. 

Both looks are good for you. Do what YOU want, change, shave, let it grow, have a beard or not... - it's you!  O0

J

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 07:34:21 AM »
Welcome to the forum !!  I agree with J, I think you look good either way.... O0

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 07:36:31 AM »
Hey amess, in the words of the old song, "You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"   You rock the look, if you want it, keep it.  There are a lot of people out there that are insecure about someone secure enough to walk a different path. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 08:10:24 AM »
You look fine either way to me buddy. So as the saying goes - you cant please everyone so just please yourself.
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 08:16:33 AM »
It's about how you feel with it my friend. Like Paul said "you've got to please yourself". Oh, and welcome to the group.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 09:44:02 AM »
I agree; don't listen to the naysayers.  I know it can mess with your mind when you get negative feedback, but you have to learn to tune it out.  If you stick with it for a while, people will get used to the new look and the negative remarks will stop.  It's when you go back and forth that you get more flack, because every time you shave it starts all over again.  The naysayers feel emboldened because they think they convinced you to grow your hair back the last time, so they'll try again.  I've been down that road, so I know.

Give it at least 30 days, and when the 30 days are up, reassess.  When I finally stuck with it for 30 consecutive days, when they were up I decided to see if I could go another 90 days, and when the 90 days were up I never went back.  Hang in there; it does get better.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 10:49:15 AM »
You Look GREAT bald!

If you like yourself bald...shave it all clean bro...

it's your life, live it for YOU!

Offline choochman

• Learning the way of Sly
  • It's all about Attitude...
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 10:52:42 AM »
Welcome, Brother!

You have that look in your eyes. Both pictures show it. It's that look that conveys the confidence it takes, to know that your self-esteem and your ego, are strong enough NOT to go running off into the corner to cry.

Look at the pics of every member on this site. See something in common?
That same Look.

Again, I say welcome.

You are here because you know you belong here. Here, with Brothers in Arms. Here, where the Sum of the Parts AND the Whole, combine to create the type of strength you were looking for when you found us.  The same type of strength that you yourself possess.

Too many times, we find ourselves surrounded by those who lack the strength to change. Kudos to your efforts. You wouldn't be here, showing us your BEST SLY LOOK, if you didn't already know the answer to your own question.

So YES, Brother; we are here for you. YES, you are amongst Friends. YES, you look good with or without hair. YES, you have the strentgh to brush off what other's think; as they find it easier to bring YOU down, then lift themselves. YES, You have come to the right place, and finally, YES, they will try to steer your decisions and that can be a bit painful to overcome but remember, pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional...

Once More, I say WELCOME!

Regards,
Chooch

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 11:03:54 AM »
The negative feedback can only get you down if you let it!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

BALDANDRE

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 11:10:19 AM »
Welcome, Brother!

You have that look in your eyes. Both pictures show it. It's that look that conveys the confidence it takes, to know that your self-esteem and your ego, are strong enough NOT to go running off into the corner to cry.

Look at the pics of every member on this site. See something in common?
That same Look.

Again, I say welcome.

You are here because you know you belong here. Here, with Brothers in Arms. Here, where the Sum of the Parts AND the Whole, combine to create the type of strength you were looking for when you found us.  The same type of strength that you yourself possess.

Too many times, we find ourselves surrounded by those who lack the strength to change. Kudos to your efforts. You wouldn't be here, showing us your BEST SLY LOOK, if you didn't already know the answer to your own question.

So YES, Brother; we are here for you. YES, you are amongst Friends. YES, you look good with or without hair. YES, you have the strentgh to brush off what other's think; as they find it easier to bring YOU down, then lift themselves. YES, You have come to the right place, and finally, YES, they will try to steer your decisions and that can be a bit painful to overcome but remember, pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional...

Once More, I say WELCOME!

Regards,
Chooch

Nice words my bald bro! O0

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 11:27:45 AM »
Why bother caring what other people think especially when they're being critical? That's such an easy thing to do.

Before the election I had to listen to everyone's opinion about who is better than who and who sucks... meanwhile, these people know close to NOTHING about politics.

The quarterback sucks, the CGI didn't look real, you didn't do the dishes right...

How much easier is it to critique than to actually do something that generates criticism? Critiquing is the easy part and generally involves very little forethought.

This is your hair, your head, your body. You know you look good either way so do what makes YOU happy. Tell your critics not to quit their day jobs.

---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

amess_1999

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 02:26:15 PM »
Thanks guys, waht a great support! And nice to hear i can go either way, because: The echo on being bald always suggested NO WAY. I know that some of u might be a bit biased  ;), but well ...
I am getting closer to being convinced that i should dump all that negative talk and go ahead back to where i had been several times: