Author Topic: I just cant manage it  (Read 6125 times)

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
Re: I just cant manage it
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 02:30:01 PM »
Amess,

Sounds like you value the opinion of what others think of you more than your own.

We ALL want the APPROVAL of others in everything we do, but just like the ol' saying goes...

"You ain't gonna' please everybody all the time.. but then again..
                                       YOU DON'T NEED TO..."

From the very first day that I took a blade to my melon, I've loved every second of it and wouldn't even think of growing it back ever again.

Objections? Yeah, I've had a few I had to deal with in the very beginning - namely my mom and my wife.

But NOW they love it as much as I do and wouldn't have me any other way.

I say "Go for the Gold, BOLD Look", Dude!

Commit to "The 30-Day Rule" and you just may surprise yourself.

The "worst" that can happen is your confidence and self-esteem will experience a TREMENDOUS POWER BOOST!!

And that's a BAD thing, right? NOT!!

Besides, it's like the GRASS on your front lawn. If you truly dislike the Total Sly Look, it'll start to grow back again within the week. The ONLY thing you stand to "LOSE" is YOUR HAIR!

But you'll never truly know what you're missing until you give it a try ... A 30-DAY TRY!!

- Cap'n Noodles -
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 12:47:40 PM by Noodles »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 02:42:37 PM »
Amess,

Sounds like you value the opinion of others moreso than your own.

If that's the case, then he needs to act on the opinions of the members here and shave his head ASAP.   ;)

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 07:10:01 PM »
Hey Amess,

A lot of folks tell me I look better with hair too, but I say screw em it's your head you do what you feel is right.  I did.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 08:14:16 PM »
Like whats been said... what matters most to you?  What others think?  Honest question!  O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline rcg5227

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 10:56:12 PM »
I felt very uncomfortable when I first shaved my head in late spring of 2006, at my wife's discretion. The first time I did it I always wore a hat outside. I also wore a hat in situations where I would feel uncomfortable. I would let my hair grow back in the winter and every summer since then I would get it clippered down to nothing, then keep it shaven throughout the summer. I had my head clippered down to nothing back in April and ever since then I kept my head shaven. Eventually, I started getting more and more comfortable with my shaven head and this year I am just going to stick with the look. This made my wife quite happy, I guess because she doesn't like the receding hairline or the bald spot at the crown of my head. I didn't think I could manage it either, but over time I became more and more comfortable with the look.

---"The greatest action is not conforming to the world's ways."---
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:58:29 PM by rcg5227 »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/100913/samp9b3884feb623b6eb.jpg[/img] [/url]

---"The greatest action is not conforming to the world's ways."---

Offline Redgrave101

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 03:00:12 PM »
Its hard to stick with, especially when others are trying to get you to grow it out. At least thats how i am finding it. End of the day i guess its all about what enables you to be able to leave your home each morning with confidence in who you are and what your all about.

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 06:57:05 PM »
People can't shame, tease, ridicule, demean, or change the actions of someone who simple does. not. care. what they think. It is simply words falling on deaf ears.

The words of others (who may or may not be interested in YOUR opinion) who think, mistakenly, that they have some kind of RIGHT to tell you how you should look, based on their own aesthetic preferences, rarely seem to consider YOUR feelings on the matter. And if they DO take a moment to consider your feelings, they seem to simply beleive that they know better than you, what is "best for you".

If this change is the one you want to make, if this makes you feel better than nothing anyone else has to say matters by comparison. And if you REALLY surrender to the idea that YOU know whats best for YOU. Then nothing anyone else has to say matters at all. Not friends, not family, not the bald brothers. Nobody. Nobody but YOU.

"Take me as I am, as I have made myself or take nothing of me at all"

Best of luck  O0
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 06:59:02 PM by Vash »
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 08:20:24 PM »
If this change is the one you want to make, if this makes you feel better than nothing anyone else has to say matters by comparison. And if you REALLY surrender to the idea that YOU know whats best for YOU. Then nothing anyone else has to say matters at all. Not friends, not family, not the bald brothers. Nobody. Nobody but YOU.

"Take me as I am, as I have made myself or take nothing of me at all"

Well put, Vash. That sums it up in a nutshell.

- Cap'n Noodles -