Author Topic: Well, I can't run much longer..it's catching up...  (Read 5019 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Well, I can't run much longer..it's catching up...
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 07:01:57 PM »
Welcome to the Forum A.S.B!!! You look great Dude! Take the reSt of it off with a blade! And remember....everthing in life is better when you're SLY!!!! ;) :*))
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 12:46:43 AM »
Everything is better without hair... looks good.  Just polish it off with a blade, and you will have made the final cross over to the dark side...  (err... sly side) JK
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline surfboardnyc

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 07:48:32 AM »
Hi all I'm new. I noticed my hair started thinning in 2000 (at 28), so I decided to shave my head just to see how it would look. Well most people said I had a decent shaped head, but I was still self conscious about having a bald head (mainly because it was so much lighter than the rest of me), so I let it grow back immediately. Anyway, I had just got out of the military at the time, so I just went back to the high and tight(yes even as a civilian, as I had it pretty much all my life anyway as a black guy...LOL).

To make a long story short, I've always got the sides buzzed every week (at 10-15 dollars a week none the less), and just kept "watching" my hairline creep back, and incessant thinning. Well, no one says they can really see it (unless I point it out) but "I know it's there" just eating away at my confidence, month by month.  This past week I didn't go get the normal Saturday sides buzzed, I slept in. Well guess what? For the first time in a long time, I noticed tonight that with the sides grown in (and obviously thicker than the top now as well as GRAY FROM HELL) I'm REALLY self conscious as hell. I'm just feeling like screw it, lets just buzz it all off. The problem is, I'm too chicken sh*t to do it, because now I'm in more of a professional career (weak excuse), and wonder what it might do(especially with a light skinned head on a medium skinned black guy) as far as what my peers may think(I'm also the ONLY black guy, and always have been since I went into IT systems 12 years ago).

Description:
Height 5'8
145 pounds (Always been skinny, gained a little (150-155)in the military, but lost it after separating)
Goatee and mustache (Not super thick, but I meticulously trim, shape and maintain)

Anyway have a good laugh, but it's true...LOL
Suggestions wanted..... Yeah I know I must be quite idiotic...

Just go for it ... don't use your professional career as an excuse.  I work in a very conservative industry and guess what...the reaction was almost zero when I finally polished it off, most people didn't even seem to notice.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 09:33:54 PM »
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline DaDi

• Sly
  • The 1st sly member in SBG from Greece!
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 05:15:03 AM »
Welcome!  O0

PS
Headblade ROCKS!  :D
Yea, right...

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 01:43:31 PM »
Welcome to SBG's asbg, good to have you join us here. I can't say much more than the guys have already, but I will say dust off that HeadBlade and get it going!
You're so close already, and once you get it down to the skin you're gonna love it even more.
Let us know how it goes.     O0

Enter your email address: