Author Topic: The answer for me is: to be.  (Read 2683 times)

Offline almostbald_again

• Sly Guy in Training
The answer for me is: to be.
« on: June 30, 2009, 05:45:49 PM »
(checking in saintc)

I must admit I am the first one to be surprised that this time around the shaved head is sticking. Alarmingly well. Since the big shave I have shaved my head every day. The 30 day rule even seems unnecessary now. I see myself in the mirror and I'm not even surprised or shocked. It's as if I was bald of my life, grew it out for a year and now went back to shaved.

The funny thing is that people at work didn't even say anything. Again, as if I had always been bald. Weird.

I am having trouble with the shaving part. I always have this tiny red spots that bleed and they go away about 30 mins to an hour after shaving, I am hoping that they will go away as soon as my scalp gets used to it. But for now it means that I can't shave in the morning right before work, so I'm doing it at night before bed.

That's the update. 3 days down.

I will post photos soon.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: The answer for me is: to be.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 07:08:36 PM »
See what hanging around a forum like this can do for you?   ;)

BALDANDRE

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 11:32:19 PM »
Awesome...that's a good looking bald head bro! O0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 05:14:01 AM »
Way to go Dude! Now change that screen name!!!!!!!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 06:06:50 AM »
Well done.....what are you looking at in your pic?

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 08:27:01 AM »
I am having trouble with the shaving part. I always have this tiny red spots that bleed and they go away about 30 mins to an hour after shaving, I am hoping that they will go away as soon as my scalp gets used to it. But for now it means that I can't shave in the morning right before work, so I'm doing it at night before bed.

Look at the threads in "Head Shaving".  I know this type of thing has come up and there are many things to remedy it.  First--clean scalp--this means using an astringent such as hydrogen peroxide, witch hazel, etc., to clean the scalp after shaving, Second--exofoliate--either w/ one of several exfoliant products on the market or a loofha pad--not the sponge, to clear up any minor skin irritations.  Third--shaving balm, again, many on the market, my personal favorite it Nivea Extreme.  Just be sure to get one w/o oils, etc.  Finally, and this is strange, change your pillow case often.  When you had hair, it "insulated" the scalp from any dirt and oil out there.  Now, you have to be sure that the pillow case isn't harboring problems.  Should clear up without any further problems. 

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 08:45:38 AM »
Yeah man, the bald look is definely you.  Nice shaped head.  I'm envious.  Can't imagine you with hair.  Keep it up!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 09:42:22 AM »
Welcome back to the sly world brother. The head looks great from here!!
It's all about attitude!

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Paddling outrigger w/Princess Kahuna-Maui coast
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 02:04:36 PM »
Yes. I agree with the rest of the guys- you've got a perfect "Sly Head". I'm listening to Saintc, as once in a while I too have those pesky red spots. This seems to be very important to "head health".
Bald Kahuna

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 02:11:09 PM »
Looks great bro.  Keep it smooth.

flatdave

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 02:48:44 PM »
Kind of sounds like me.  I shaved my head for the first time in 2005, I liked it and kept it for about 3 months before growing it out.  I shaved it again in 2006, didn't like it and only kept it for a week before letting it grow back out.  I waited a long time until the next headshave.  I shaved it for the third time, this year, on May 16th and I'm freakin lovin it.  I haven't even thought about growing it back out.  If I'm doing the math right, I'm on day 45 or 46.  We'll see what happens once the cold weather starts to roll in.

Keep it SLY! O0