Author Topic: Hair care products  (Read 2803 times)

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Hair care products
« on: November 06, 2020, 09:11:25 AM »
Yesterday I noticed that since I started shaving, I have more hair care products than people that actually have hair while my wife only has shampoo and conditioner.  I have two containers of different shave gels and a tube of shave cream, plus another one to clean my scalp, one exfolient, one to heal mortal wounds and of course moisterizer.  I didn't mention my Braun 3, pitbull shaver plus my two headblades and three de razors(but I prefer the vintage one.  I also have about 200 blades for it.  I also have a bunch of Shick extreme 3 shavers.

I use the extreme 3 for roughing out then the de for the 2nd shave.  Finally, I use the pitbull shaver to buff my head.  I learned how to respect the process so I take my time.

Online reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Hair care products
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 10:56:35 AM »
I think it's a myth that sporting a shaved head saves time and money. Yes, I've spent alot on razors, blades, and skin products. Ok, if you just clipper it really short once a week, it's low maintenance. But for us that shave daily and want our heads baby butt smooth, there is significant time involved.

So when someone says at least it's easy to maintain, I tell them it's actually high maintenance.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 01:02:27 PM »
I actually enjoy taking my time.  I used to do a quick buzz when I first started but I was never satisfied with it so I took the next step and started buying things to enhance my shaving experience.  My wife repeatedly tells me she likes my new haircut and didn't really like the old one.  I do get quite a few compliments.  Just today, my friend told me that I look like an undercover cop.  Another friend told me that I look really good with my shaven head and my kackies and I'm rockin the look. :)

Online reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 01:38:34 PM »
I agree, I look forward to my daily headshave, whether a shave in the shower or a relaxing double edge safety razor shave in front of the mirror. Part of the the fun is trying different razor, soaps, brushes, etc.

When I first shaved my head, my girlfriend at the time was shocked, but by the end of the day, she wanted me to keep it shaved. Almost everyone I knew also liked it. You always have a couple people that don't like change, but that's their problem.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 02:47:42 PM »
One guy said he hated it but he was a hairdresser.  His livelihood was about hair so I kind of understand.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 07:31:41 PM »
 I don’t want to get as obsessive-compulsive about my shaved head as I was about my horseshoe Flattop .   I find that I get the best shave  if I don’t shave every day.  every  other day or preferably every third day gives me the best shave so I can shave only two or three times a week and I still look great I’m the only one who notices it is a perfect second day !

So my advice is enjoy it guys!   You look great and you know it !  don’t let it become a chore or you’ll resent it

Enter your email address: