Author Topic: Men that should go sly but don't  (Read 6628 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Men that should go sly but don't
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2020, 03:12:18 PM »
i cant understand why people with horseshoes and any kind of baldness dont shave there head.

I also thought that for a long time. But then I realized that some guys just don't look good shaved. Sorry for saying such an outlh thing, but I think it is true.

I don't have a problem with MPB guys electing not to shave....It's one thing to keep a horseshoe, but it would look better if you at least keep the neck blocked or tapered and not have all that excess hair going down into your back...But even so, if you don't like being asked about why you shave your head, you shouldn't question those who elect not to....So if I get an I-phone, am I going to be evangelistic to those who prefer Android and tell them they need to get an I-phone? Just my 0.02

Disclaimer: When I first joined the forum nearly nine years ago, I too was in the "just shave it" category, but as life went on, I made many of MPB friends who either shaved rarely or not at all but still kept it decent looking. So now, I just respect everyone for their choices even if I don't necessarily agree with them.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2020, 08:47:14 AM »
I agree with you Harry, but I still have an opinion that guys with advanced MPB look better shaved.  I may even suggest shaving to guys I know.  If they don't shave, that is their decision and then I leave it alone.  I respect their decision. 
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2020, 09:17:58 AM »
I agree too, that it should be their decision. Like I said, I go to car shows and sit around with our group of about 10 guys. About 6 of those guys are holding on to a few scraps of hair, and they seldom remove their caps. At least one other guy is a headshaver, and we tell the other guys how much we enjoy shaving. I wish a couple would decide to try going sly, and ask me for advice.
Bald by choice, and loving it!