Author Topic: Men that should go sly but don't  (Read 6626 times)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Men that should go sly but don't
« on: March 04, 2009, 07:55:25 AM »
Yesterday at work, I was dealing with this young trucker dude that does deliveries for us.  He is a real nice guy.  Doesn't drink or smoke, but looks pretty badass.  He has a long goatee with a mustache and a piercing under his lip and on his tongue.  He also sports some tatts.  But he almost always wears a hat.  One time, I saw him without his hat and saw that he has quite a bit of baldness, although not smooth.  So I asked him if he ever thought of shaving it.  He told me he had done it before but it messed with his confidence.  That totally surprised me.  In all other ways, he seems really confident.  For his sake, I am glad of that.  I told him that I am sure that the laydees would love him with the sly dome and that it would totally cement his badass image.  So have you encountered people who could really rock the sly look but are hesitant?

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
Re: Men that should go sly but don't
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 11:46:02 AM »
Oh yeah!  My neighbor Don (2 other neighbors are also Don). Very nice looking man in his mid-40's has the little tuff in the front and the rest, a horseshoe.  When I shaved for the first time he seemed to be intrigued, asking questions.  But alas, he has refrained from doing the deed.  Seems he has a real jerk at work with a shaved head. Therefore can't do the deed because he doesn't want to be associated with his guy (?)  His other excuse is that he is a redhead and does blister quiet quickly.  I've seen this in his face after long hours in the sun.  I've suggested sunscreen.  What else can I do?
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 01:08:04 PM »
Oh yeah!  My neighbor Don (2 other neighbors are also Don). Very nice looking man in his mid-40's has the little tuff in the front and the rest, a horseshoe.  When I shaved for the first time he seemed to be intrigued, asking questions.  But alas, he has refrained from doing the deed.  Seems he has a real jerk at work with a shaved head. Therefore can't do the deed because he doesn't want to be associated with his guy (?)  His other excuse is that he is a redhead and does blister quiet quickly.  I've seen this in his face after long hours in the sun.  I've suggested sunscreen.  What else can I do?

You could knock his butt down and shave that silly tuft off!

His excuse about not wanting to be associated with the other shaved guy is BS.  If he drives a red car does that mean that he associates with all other red car drivers.??!!!!!???? What a dumb argument on his part......... bottom line, he's afraid of the solution.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 01:23:35 PM »
i cant understand why people with horseshoes and any kind of baldness dont shave there head.

Offline Michael

• I Sly therefore I am!
  • Super Sly
  • Last year's Christmas Parade
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 01:49:52 PM »
I think Mike's right on the money on this one.  Yeah, there's a guy at my work who's a real nimrod..... guess I better go to Thailand and get reassignment surgery
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090223/sampd7548abedf90277d.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 02:40:59 PM »

His excuse about not wanting to be associated with the other shaved guy is BS.  If he drives a red car does that mean that he associates with all other red car drivers.??!!!!!???? What a dumb argument on his part......... bottom line, he's afraid of the solution.

I agree.  It's a cop-out.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 03:05:31 PM »
I can name a guy that should be sly but currently isn't...

BALDANDRE!Sorry dude, couldn't resist.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 06:24:13 PM »
I think Mike's right on the money on this one.  Yeah, there's a guy at my work who's a real nimrod..... guess I better go to Thailand and get reassignment surgery

Sorry dude, but that is a painful thought.  I don't think you would be passable!     :*))

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 11:54:40 PM »
Koz is the man; that is a lame excuse.  I too cannot understand how horseshoe guys think that it is a good look, and then if you have an island of tuft, it looks even more stupid.  I guess not everyone can be as smart as the sly crowd.   O0
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 12:49:16 AM »
Just as it is our right to shave our heads, others have the right to choose not too... that is what makes America.... now for those who grapple with hair loss and don't shave it because they are afraid to, that is a real shame.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 08:54:52 AM »

He does kind of deserve it.    Just sayin' ....    ::)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 11:13:24 AM »

Okay, BaldAndre, listen up, clean up >:D

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 09:17:54 PM »

Okay, BaldAndre, listen up, clean up >:D

Or at least lose the 'evil twin' avatar...

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2019, 10:17:49 AM »
You need another level of confidence to be shaved smooth.

I have some friends with buzzed mpb and some with terrible hairlines and they said that the shaved head is going be too short 😶

Offline Zanuda

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2020, 06:25:09 AM »
i cant understand why people with horseshoes and any kind of baldness dont shave there head.

I also thought that for a long time. But then I realized that some guys just don't look good shaved. Sorry for saying such an outlandish thing, but I think it is true.

Enter your email address: