Author Topic: Chip Gaines  (Read 2272 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Chip Gaines
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 08:32:29 AM »
Awesome!  Great cause, and he actually did shave it.  Most guys that "shave" for charity actually only go as far as a close buzz.
SlyBeard

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 11:15:50 AM »
It looks great too! He really pulls of the bald head.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 01:21:34 PM »
He did it for a great cause.  Wonder if he'll stick with it?

First time I shaved, it was to raise money for St. Baldrick's.  I issued the challenge to friends, family and co-workers that I would stay shaved one day for every $30 they contributed.  I ended up staying bald for a year.  The rest is history.  I have been sly for over ten years and wouldn't have it any other way!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 01:58:31 PM »
My first assumption when a guy shaves his head for charity, he secretly wants to try a shaved head and the charity is a great excuse.  You raise some money for a good cause, get to give it a try, and everyone supports you in doing it.  No risk, great reward.
SlyBeard

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 01:07:26 PM »
My first assumption when a guy shaves his head for charity, he secretly wants to try a shaved head and the charity is a great excuse.  You raise some money for a good cause, get to give it a try, and everyone supports you in doing it.  No risk, great reward.

You are probably right.  I had a confluence of events: first, the St. Baldrick's event was being organized by a former colleague; second, a friend's son had just been diagnosed with leukemia and third, I had been interested in trying a head shave for several years as my MPB progressed. 

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 11:57:08 AM »
I should have finished my post!

After I shaved my head for charity, I knew it was a look I wanted to keep permanently.  It's now been over ten years and I have never regretted it.