Poll

Where you guys prefer to shave the noggin?

At the bathroom sink in front of the mirror
5 (35.7%)
In the shower using a mirror designed for the shower
2 (14.3%)
In the shower with no mirror and relying on feel
6 (42.9%)
Shave only at the barbers
0 (0%)
Somewhere else
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: July 09, 2021, 07:16:23 AM

Author Topic: Poll - Where do you shave?  (Read 2738 times)

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
Poll - Where do you shave?
« on: June 09, 2021, 07:16:23 AM »
I shave in the shower but had to stop because I need to get a new mirror! So i started shaving at the bathroom sink again, and what a mess! Water all over the place. So I got curious about where you guys prefer to shave.

My first head shaves were at the sink and tried doing it with a hand mirror leading to a bloody mess. I realized then the trick is to skip the hand mirror and rely on feel! Eventually, you’ll get the hang of it.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Poll - Where do you shave?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 09:09:16 AM »
Almost always in the shower, by feel. If I want to take my time with my double edge safety razor, I don't in front of the mirror.

In July, I have a 3 day car show that I have to leave each day by 5:30am, so it wake up and out the door in 15 minutes. I think I'll just bring my electronic shaver with, and shave when I get there. I'm not sure if I will shave in front of my buddies, or find a restroom.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 01:25:45 PM »
I shave in the bathroom but I don't use the mirror because I don't need it.  I go by feel.  I used to make a mess of the bathroom with a wet shave but most of it happened when I rinsed off so today I tried using a damp washcloth to take off the bulk of whatever stuff I had on my head, then rinse it out then wipe down again then until my scalp is squeaky clean.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 02:23:26 PM »
I voted in the shower with a mirror.  But is is mostly be feel.  I rely on the mirror primarily shave the line at the top of my sideburns, as well as to get as close as possible to the top of my ears.

Which brings up a question.  My hair grow extends to the top of my ear, with a few hairs actually on my ear itself.  It is impossible to shave it, and I have to use a small trimmer (the type for ear and nose hair trimming) ever week or so to clean up those spots.  Not that I spend much time observing other guys hair lines at the top of their ears, but the few that I have seen seem to have a gap between their hair line and their ear.  Am I just a freak of nature, or do some of you have this ear problem area?
SlyBeard

Offline MoonageDaydream

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 04:22:45 PM »
I voted in the shower with a mirror.  But is is mostly be feel.  I rely on the mirror primarily shave the line at the top of my sideburns, as well as to get as close as possible to the top of my ears.

Which brings up a question.  My hair grow extends to the top of my ear, with a few hairs actually on my ear itself.  It is impossible to shave it, and I have to use a small trimmer (the type for ear and nose hair trimming) ever week or so to clean up those spots.  Not that I spend much time observing other guys hair lines at the top of their ears, but the few that I have seen seem to have a gap between their hair line and their ear.  Am I just a freak of nature, or do some of you have this ear problem area?

I have this exact problem with my right ear. It’s only a few little hairs but they become noticeable after about two weeks. They’re completely impossible to shave. My wife tweezed them for me the other day. (Shudders)

As for the main poll question, I shave my head in the shower by feel. I don’t have a shower mirror.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 02:36:19 AM »
In the shower by feel, much easier, quicker and less mess

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 05:39:27 AM »

Just above my hears is the hardest part to shave.  No matter what I do, It's always a little rough when I'm done.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2021, 08:48:52 AM »
I shave over the sink in front of the mirror before I take a shower.  I go over and clean up any missed spots in the shower to finish up.  This seems to give me the smoothest results.  @clint902, I have a few stray hairs that pop up every now and then in weird places on my ears.  I pull them out with tweezers as I see them.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2021, 02:50:06 PM »
I usually shave in the sink by feel. However the hardest part for me is not the ears, its usually the base of the crown where my "horseshoe" starts. The small crack below my cranium would be a close second.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2021, 03:51:45 PM »
I usually shave in the sink by feel. However the hardest part for me is not the ears, its usually the base of the crown where my "horseshoe" starts. The small crack below my cranium would be a close second.

@Sir Harry - how did you crack your cranium?   :D

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2021, 10:55:19 AM »
The shower and feel is the way to go.  It softens up the hair the best, and it's mess free as it washes away all of the shaving cream and its odor too.  Plus it gives you a couple more minutes of being in the hot shower!

When I shaved my head for the first 19 years I used touch instead of mirrors, but when I started shaving again after a 3 year break I had a difficult time doing that and had to use a mirror.  Now that I've gotten back into the groove I am doing it by touch again.

The only problem I have with this method is that I need to replace the razor blade and I never think of it until I'm already wet and in the shower and I don't want to get out in the cold air and get water all over the floor just to get a fresh blade.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Latteme

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2021, 03:26:22 AM »
I just use an electric beard shaver every 3 days or so, this way I maintain stubble beard style. Would grow it longer only if it didn't have those patches  :(

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2021, 03:40:27 AM »
I just use an electric beard shaver every 3 days or so, this way I maintain stubble beard style. Would grow it longer only if it didn't have those patches  :(
I'm not sure what you mean by "patches".  I think I know but could you clarify?

Enter your email address: