Author Topic: Advantage cueball  (Read 5452 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Advantage cueball
« on: May 15, 2021, 01:33:54 PM »
Now that the weather is warm here, I'm reminded of a simple pleasure. It's great to drive down the highway at 60 mph with windows down and not have the wind mess up your hair!

Also when it gets hot, that cool breeze whips around your head and feels awesome.

Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Re: Advantage cueball
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 04:14:43 PM »
I know. :)  I can't remember having hair.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 04:32:02 PM »
Spring and summer are definitely my favorite times of the year to be bald.  We’ve had sunny weather in the 80’s and my bald head has a nice tan!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 04:37:38 PM »
@chuck63 , same here, love the warm weather. Even had someone tell me "nice tan" today. I think a nice tan definitely makes a bald head look awesome. I like to rock a tan and shiny shaved dome!

Offline MoonageDaydream

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 05:50:38 PM »
Being bald really is awesome. I don’t miss my hair even a little

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 01:12:08 PM »
Not to be a party pooper here , but watch the top of your heads in the summer sun. You can do a lot of sun damage especially at mid day when the sun is highest. Skin cancer is real.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 03:57:49 PM »
Not to be a party pooper here , but watch the top of your heads in the summer sun. You can do a lot of sun damage especially at mid day when the sun is highest. Skin cancer is real.
God yes!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 04:15:16 PM »
Definitely realize when you need protection. Sunblock and a hat should always be at hand. I start early spring, 15 minutes at a time. I'm part French so with a dark complexion I seldom burn. I do notice guys with their first headshave, and a very white scalp, and I usually warn them about how easy the can burn.

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 01:01:15 AM »

Here in Perth, the summers are brutal. In my very early days of head shaving I made the mistake of getting sunburn on the head. I will never do that again. I always have a bandanna under my bike helmet and in my gear if I head out. It was a very painful lesson to learn.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2021, 05:47:50 AM »
I usually spend a few minutes in the sun every day when I walk down to the point and back but after that, I usually spend the rest of the day at my friends backyard where he has a couple of massive umbrellas.  Either that or I'm in the house.  I do have a good tan on my face and head.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 10:35:58 PM »
The only thing I don’t like about having a bald head is having to protect it from sunburn.  I’ve never liked wearing hats but I try to never go outdoors without one. Even despite my best efforts,  My dome has some sun damage.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2021, 10:22:34 PM »
The only thing I don’t like about having a bald head is having to protect it from sunburn.  I’ve never liked wearing hats but I try to never go outdoors without one. Even despite my best efforts,  My dome has some sun damage.
Some of that damage could  have started before you shaved ,if you didn’t wear  a hat back then. The real damage shows up years later.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 10:25:37 PM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2021, 02:53:20 PM »
Some of that damage could  have started before you shaved ,if you didn’t wear  a hat back then. The real damage shows up years later.

Possibly.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2021, 11:03:09 AM »

I get that.  I'm not a hat guy either, and I also dislike slopping that slimy sunscreen goop on my skin and having the greasy fingers and the odor of sunscreen around me so I typically put on a hat when I'm going to be outside for a while.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2021, 10:33:19 AM »
I should probably put sunblock on my head when it's sunny, but I just wear a hat, maybe I should be braver and do sunblock and no hat!
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Enter your email address: