Author Topic: What have you learned during COVID times?  (Read 5174 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
What have you learned during COVID times?
« on: October 17, 2020, 01:25:25 PM »
What is one thing that you've learned during these COVID times?

Please keep politics out of it.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: What have you learned during COVID times?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 01:43:23 PM »
Staying home more gives you alot of time to maintain that perfectly smooth head!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 04:15:37 PM »
I’ve learned that I really like working from home.  I thought I would go nuts being at home so much and never seeing my co-workers but I’m really enjoying the freedom of not having someone constantly looking over my shoulder. Also enjoying not having to commute and having an extra hour in bed every morning.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 05:58:33 PM »
One thing I learned is how much I need other people in my life.  These days we can't get close to each other, shake hands, hugs are out.  I not allowed to hug my own daughter because she works in a lab and does a lot of testing.  I really miss that. :-[  The whole thing is pretty depressing.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 06:14:37 PM »
I've realized that I like eating outside more than I ever thought I did.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 06:31:59 AM »
I learned just how little I actually need to go to a store for things. I tend to let them build up and do them all in one sweep rather than here and there like I used to.

Also, Walmart's grocery pick up is awesome! I save so much time and now only get what I need.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 07:01:54 PM »
I learned just how little I actually need to go to a store for things. I tend to let them build up and do them all in one sweep rather than here and there like I used to.

Also, 's grocery pick up is awesome! I save so much time and now only get what I need.

Go to sameday.costco.com to get them to deliver by Instacart. It's also awesome!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 10:28:50 AM »
I learned that having good neighbors is a blessing.  Back in March, my wife and I had to quarantine because I was exposed to someone who tested positive (ironically, it was in a training course about remote learning!)  I texted several of our neighbors to let them know since at that point we didn't know how easily the virus spread.  They were terrific, offering to pick things up from the store, asking if we needed them to walk our dog, etc.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 09:54:02 AM »
I learned that having good neighbors is a blessing.  Back in March, my wife and I had to quarantine because I was exposed to someone who tested positive (ironically, it was in a training course about remote learning!)  I texted several of our neighbors to let them know since at that point we didn't know how easily the virus spread.  They were terrific, offering to pick things up from the store, asking if we needed them to walk our dog, etc.

Yeah, having great neighbors is a blessing!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2020, 01:38:05 PM »
It's easy to put a mask on without any hair around your ears!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2020, 02:11:42 PM »
It's easy to put a mask on without any hair around your ears!

:*))

Offline David_H

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 09:11:57 AM »
Some people seem to be falling out of love with their cars - and a good thing too for carbon emissions. That is one of a very few good things that have happened in the Covid age.   

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2021, 09:26:57 AM »
I learned something about humanity.  If people took this virus seriously and kept their distance, this virus might have just fizzled out long ago.  Here in RI, people are getting their first shot but not getting their second one.  I checked the numbers for infection this morning and they are still climbing.  I think people are becoming complacent and pretty much doing whatever they want.  Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2021, 11:11:43 AM »
@David....agreed...barely put on 3K miles in the last year. And only did an oil change because it was well over a year since the last one.  Too bad the number of accidents were actually higher than in a normal year! Go figure. People taking advantage of speed on more desolate roads I guess.

Offline David_H

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2021, 11:15:32 AM »
I learned something about humanity.  If people took this virus seriously and kept their distance, this virus might have just fizzled out long ago.  Here in RI, people are getting their first shot but not getting their second one.  I checked the numbers for infection this morning and they are still climbing.  I think people are becoming complacent and pretty much doing whatever they want.  Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.
Absolutely! The virus doesn't move. We move it. We're our own worst enemies.

Enter your email address: