Author Topic: Am I alone here?  (Read 6097 times)

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Am I alone here?
« on: October 14, 2020, 02:42:34 AM »
I haven't seen a single post here for a couple of days and I'm feeling like I'm the only one here much like an empty room so what's going on?  Comon guy!  Tell me what's going on!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Am I alone here?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 06:23:21 AM »
Yes, Clint, it has been much quieter around here in the last year. Not sure why.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 06:29:59 AM »
The board is much less active now for some reason.
SlyBeard

Offline ANASFIL

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 07:33:17 AM »
You are not alone my friend

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 10:18:42 AM »
I can't even guess but this place used to be packed so much I couldn't even keep up!  Even now, I'm developing new ways of shaving.  I'm sure the new members that are new to shaving could use this information.  I hope this place doesn't go by the wayside. :(  Well, If you guys keep posting, I'll keep responding.  Maybe I'll start new threads because the response I got on this one is wonderful!  I'll aim for a new thread every day.  Maybe that will help.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 02:25:23 PM »
I think I know the reason why:

With social media gaining more and more popularity, and with SBG now having a Facebook page, it seems that more people are communicating through the various Facebook groups on head shaving, including SBG. Social media is not for everyone, and there's no wrong answer as to whether on not to participate on social media, Facebook specifically, but it seems like the SBG Facebook page is getting a lot more activity than the site. Maybe myself and the other mods could do a better job of promoting the site on Facebook.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 03:54:24 PM »
Yeah, I've used facebook many times but it's just not the same.  Someone will post something then I never see it again.  An actual forum is much better in my opinion.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 10:15:58 PM »
O The term “social media” is a misnomer .   It is in fact anti-social media!

People who use such sights live in early one square inch of the world . 
 People on those groups simply surround themselves with a small group of other people who think exactly like they do in order to validate themselves !   They cut themselves off from the rest of the world they never get to discuss things with people who think differently than they do and therefor never learn anything!   And I’ve noticed on those so-called social media sites whenever anyone disagrees with people rather than engage in a thoughtful discussion they simply hurl epithets at one another and then “unfriend” the people who have disagreed with them!

I am proud to say that I never use such sites.

Offline JimHLA

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 11:11:56 PM »
Not to make you all jealous, but today I had a nice relaxing
Barber shop straight razor head shave. I only been shaving for s couple months but
I Have appreciated the advise from the forum. I also asked my barber to make it as
shiny as possible!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2020, 05:38:04 AM »
Ok, I'm jealous :)   unfortunately we don't have any barbers where I live, only hair stylists.  These places say it's bad for business so there you have it.  I started shaving again when everything shut down because of the virus and I couldn't get a haircut so I cut it myself.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2020, 05:58:35 AM »
Looks outstanding Jim. A barbershop shave is a great experience. You barber did a nice job!

Clint, you may have to check surrounding towns for a barber. I found a new local barber that does headshaves. It is a woman master barber that I'm going to try.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline JimHLA

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2020, 12:17:31 PM »
A town without a barber shop? Luckily you have shaving down I usually use an electric razor but I miss spots so I treated myself   shaving is a skill.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2020, 02:00:58 PM »
I'm in a small town in Rhode Island and I could walk from one end to the other.  Everything's smaller here.  I started with an electric but I seem to have graduated to my trusty de.  With a de or any razor, it's all about the prep.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2020, 12:26:53 AM »
Not alone! I take some responsibility for the quietness here as I haven't been too active myself. You'll see a change in that over the next coming weeks.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2020, 05:06:48 AM »
Yeah, I've used facebook many times but it's just not the same.  Someone will post something then I never see it again.  An actual forum is much better in my opinion.

Yes, there are a lot of drive-by posters that will post a picture and then disappear without ever engaging in any kind of conversation.

Enter your email address: