Author Topic: BBC young guy - job interview reactions/prospects?  (Read 2629 times)

Offline haz

• Learning the way of Sly
BBC young guy - job interview reactions/prospects?
« on: May 11, 2020, 01:51:23 PM »
Hi all I rarely comment here but with this coronavirus, Im on the verge of potentially losing my job. Im looking at various insurance office, retail jobs (but anything really). Just want some advice.

Im 27 (look more like 25) with full head of hair but chooses to be bald. Would it be a problem for interviews? I have a grey shadow on my head and its very obvious my head is shaved, not bald. I keep a nicely trimmed beard with it too, without beard I look horrible! The plan for interviews is to have head clean shaven that morning, and have my beard nicely trimmed, with suit etc. Just worried that my bald head may turn interviewers off, because unfortunately that stigma against young bald guys still exists.

Any advice welcome, should I be smooth bald? Grow out to buzzcut? Or grow hair back fully?

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
Re: BBC young guy - job interview reactions/prospects?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 07:22:42 PM »
I’m sorry to hear that you might be losing your job. Just hang in there and keep looking. It’s a tough time but it will get better.

I think you look amazing shaved. Very clean cut and it looks good with your shirt and tie. Keep it shaved. That is who you are. That is how you will be hired. I don’t think there is any stigma against young bald guys. I think a shaved head is accepted. It’s about if you can do the job or not, a friendly personality, and a good attitude. You’ve got looking presentable nailed! Who knows maybe they person who interviews you will have a shaved head.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 12:23:03 AM »
I agree there is absolutely no stigma against BBC anymore in fact will you walk in and they can see that you took the time to be so neatly groomed and care about your appearance it’s going to be a point in your favor not in your disfavor

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 07:04:15 AM »
These days there should be absolutely no reason a shaved head would be a negative issue. It's a trendy, clean look. And being BBC is not an issue either. Just another hairstyle!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 08:00:45 PM »
Keep it shaved.  In my previous job, i did some of the hiring.  A guy with a shaved head just looks more confident, and nothing negative.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 07:04:12 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 02:30:08 PM »
A clean-shaven head and being BBC should not be any problem in any company these days. If a company is so conservative that being BBC is a problem, you would probably find the place stifling in other ways, too.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 05:22:18 PM »
Unless you’re auditioning to be a model in a shampoo ad, it shouldn’t be an issue

Offline haz

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 06:26:39 PM »
Thanks everyone. I shall go to interviews smooth and bald then, I just love the look.  ::)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2020, 08:13:38 PM »
Unless you’re auditioning to be a model in a shampoo ad, it shouldn’t be an issue
oh that’s a good one!

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2020, 10:02:08 PM »
Go baldly with strength and confidence to all your interviews. I have had several interviews over last couple months, bald and neatly bearded each time. Got an offer from each one.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 07:53:18 PM »
oh that’s a good one!

🙂

Enter your email address: