Author Topic: Newly sly today  (Read 6548 times)

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
Newly sly today
« on: April 18, 2020, 01:19:13 PM »
Long time lurker here. Been rapidly balding over past few years and buzzing shorter and shorter. Finally got out thr razor today and shaved it all off. Feels weird, but I kind of like it. There’s more shadow than I thought there would be, which I kind of like, too. Stay safe and well, everyone.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Newly sly today
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 05:43:12 PM »
It will take some time to get used to, but it looks great!! Let us know how it works our for you.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 07:28:06 PM »
Looks awesome!

If I see you on the street I would think that you been bald for very long time.

Any before pics?

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 11:29:58 PM »
Thanks guys. Before shot attached. I had been buzzing it pretty closely lately, so it doesn’t look all that different, which is disappointing. Any tips on getting a closer shave and reducing that shadow? I thought I got a pretty close shave.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 03:26:22 AM »
Thanks guys. Before shot attached. I had been buzzing it pretty closely lately, so it doesn’t look all that different, which is disappointing. Any tips on getting a closer shave and reducing that shadow? I thought I got a pretty close shave.

Welcome.  Dont worry it looks different and it looks great.  It does take a little time to get uysed to it.  As for close shaves, there are lots of ways and different ways suit different people.  ATG in the shower normally gives a smooth shave.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 10:04:11 AM »
Most guys retain some amount of shadow if they have dark hair.  Fortunately for me, my hair has turned gray and white, so I have very little shadow. I can easily go two days between shaves and the stubble is not visible.  All you can do to minimized it is to keep it shaved as close as you can.
SlyBeard

Offline slickjack

• Sly Jr.
  • Day 1
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 05:59:56 AM »
I think it looks really great - and better than the very short buzz.  Glasses are particularly good with a bald head too - they somehow make the look even better. 

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 08:45:48 AM »
I think it looks really great - and better than the very short buzz.  Glasses are particularly good with a bald head too - they somehow make the look even better.

Thank you! Just had my 2nd ever shave today, and I'm really enjoying it. It's like, what was I so afraid of?

I'd love to grow out my beard, but I'm a healthcare worker (not on front line, thankfully) and I'm worried about problems with N95 masks if I need to wear one.

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 08:48:28 AM »
It will take some time to get used to, but it looks great!! Let us know how it works our for you.

Thanks! I'll keep you guys updated. I'm really liking it so far. Definitely going to follow the 30 day rule, but I'm pretty confident I'll stick with it.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 08:55:08 AM »
Looks great!

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2020, 09:20:58 AM »

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2020, 07:24:08 PM »
wow it’s amazing you look younger with the clean shave than you do with a very short buzz!

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2020, 09:23:11 PM »
wow it’s amazing you look younger with the clean shave than you do with a very short buzz!

Thank you!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2020, 08:56:38 AM »
Shaved does look much better than the short buzz, IMO.
SlyBeard

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2020, 10:52:52 AM »
Shaved does look much better than the short buzz, IMO.

I guess that's obvious to everyone here, and I can see it now, but I was so afraid to get rid of that last bit of scruff. Now that it's gone, I don't see why I would ever go back.