Author Topic: Today Is My 1-Year Shave-Versary  (Read 3132 times)

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
Today Is My 1-Year Shave-Versary
« on: October 12, 2019, 10:43:12 AM »
On October 12, 2018 I decided I would buzz my hair. I had blue hair at the time and it wasn't growing out fast enough. I was going on a trip to New York City to a taping of the TV show "The People's Court" and my mom was worried they wouldn't let us in the 'courtroom' if I had blue hair. But then after buzzing it, I had wondered what I'd look like with a shaved head. I liked it and while people around me were shocked at first, nowadays nobody can remember me with hair and when they do see pictures of me with hair they say I should keep the shaved head.

I did have 1 customer tell me I looked just as hideous with a shaved head as I did with blue hair. I've had several older people comment that it makes no sense somebody with a full head of hair would shave their head. Another person told me I was insulting people who couldn't have hair on their head for whatever reason.

When I first started shaving my head, it took me about 20-minutes and it was a bloodbath. I thought there was no way I could sustain shaving my head if it took me that long and if I was cutting myself that much. Practice makes perfect and now it takes me 10 minutes and sometimes I go weeks without cutting my head. The longest I've gone without shaving my head is 4 days but I try and do it everyday or every other day.

I'm much happier without hair than I am with hair. It's cheaper than going to the barber or salon every month. I also feel as if I'm able to pamper myself a little bit everyday.

Here's a picture of what I looked like with hair shortly before shaving my head and here's a picture of what I look like as of a few days ago.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Today Is My 1-Year Shave-Versary
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 01:25:43 PM »
Congratulations! I remember you had a few concerns, but you stuck with it. Yes, us BBC guys sometimes get people that don't understand why we shave it all off, but that is their problem. Your looking great with that smooth bald head!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 04:07:51 PM »
Congratulations!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 02:12:57 PM »
Congratulations! Pay no heed to comments that people make about your decision to shave your head.  They are the same people who would be aghast if you commented on what they were wearing, their glasses, etc.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 10:42:42 PM »
On October 12, 2018 I decided I would buzz my hair. I had blue hair at the time and it wasn't growing out fast enough. I was going on a trip to New York City to a taping of the TV show "The People's Court" and my mom was worried they wouldn't let us in the 'courtroom' if I had blue hair. But then after buzzing it, I had wondered what I'd look like with a shaved head. I liked it and while people around me were shocked at first, nowadays nobody can remember me with hair and when they do see pictures of me with hair they say I should keep the shaved head.

I did have 1 customer tell me I looked just as hideous with a shaved head as I did with blue hair. I've had several older people comment that it makes no sense somebody with a full head of hair would shave their head. Another person told me I was insulting people who couldn't have hair on their head for whatever reason.

When I first started shaving my head, it took me about 20-minutes and it was a bloodbath. I thought there was no way I could sustain shaving my head if it took me that long and if I was cutting myself that much. Practice makes perfect and now it takes me 10 minutes and sometimes I go weeks without cutting my head. The longest I've gone without shaving my head is 4 days but I try and do it everyday or every other day.

I'm much happier without hair than I am with hair. It's cheaper than going to the barber or salon every month. I also feel as if I'm able to pamper myself a little bit everyday.

Here's a picture of what I looked like with hair shortly before shaving my head and here's a picture of what I look like as of a few days ago.

wow man. your stock increased dramatically. be proud as hell!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 05:55:44 PM »
Congrats! Looks great!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline leibows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 06:39:36 AM »
WELL DONE and LOOKING GOOD! Great decision.