Author Topic: My First Use of Gillette Guard  (Read 1940 times)

Offline rico

• Sly Jr.
My First Use of Gillette Guard
« on: July 17, 2019, 03:28:56 AM »
With some trepidation, I used this cheap India-made razor on my face. Somehow, it was wonderful.  With simple Pure Silk for Sensitive Skin shaving foam, I got no cuts or nicks. What's more the end result was pure BBS. I was stoked. Throw out the fancy collectible DE razors and use this plastic thingie.

Except. I did small touch up moves on my head.  Some redness. Some discomfort.  But, as I looked more carefully hours later, it seemed almost everywhere the Guard  touched up top was irritated or bleeding. Even places I never nick myself like the top of my head.  Zowie. I will not be using this anytime soon for a quick headshave without serious styptic backup.  Throughout the evening, I would nervously scratch my shaved head. Usually no big deal, but all the spots I scratched tonight hurt.  (Was gonna insert an emoji, but I can't find a bleeding one.)

Anyway somehow, the 35-cent Gillette Guard delivers a beautiful face shave.

Offline lloydrm

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: My First Use of Gillette Guard
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 02:56:47 PM »
I wanted to love them, but they did not work well for head shaving. Similar problem here. I guess it has something to do with the plastic guards and the lesser amount of tissue on the bony dome vs face.

Offline rico

• Sly Jr.
Re: My First Use of Gillette Guard
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 11:28:01 PM »
So it's not just me. Whew.  Between the pivoting head and the plastic open comb, the face shave is fantastic.  The angle finds itself.  Yet on my head, even the sides -- pure verticals -- were hacked. Strange problem.

Enter your email address: