Author Topic: Are men going bald younger than they used to?  (Read 10843 times)

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Are men going bald younger than they used to?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2018, 02:14:02 PM »
I'm 29 now an have been out of high school for 11 years. I'm from a small town and lots of my former classmates are still around, and the ones that aren't, I keep in touch with on social media. I've noticed how bald alot of us are becoming. Even some that were 2-3 years younger than me. Like myself, some have gone the way of shaving their heads. I've heard some people claim that guys didn't used to lose their hair when they were in their twenties, that it didn't happen until later. Thoughts?
i wend back as f**k in my 20s. I know 4-5 guys from my high school class who are in the same situation. Many more in college, so I didn't feel that unusual. I think a lot of my uncles didn't go bald till their 30s and 40s.  maybe there is something to your observation.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2018, 06:13:22 PM »
I knew of guys in collage who were wearing hair pieces, but none shaved.  Others were doing comb overs.  So I do not think guys are going bald any sooner today than they have in history, we just "see" it more because so many now choose to shave.
SlyBeard

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2018, 06:36:52 PM »
I knew of guys in collage who were wearing hair pieces, but none shaved.  Others were doing comb overs.  So I do not think guys are going bald any sooner today than they have in history, we just "see" it more because so many now choose to shave.
I tend to agree. Ditto the hair pieces thing. My dad's generation, I know a bunch of his buddies that had 'em. like my uncle who had one as big as a mop.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2018, 07:24:23 AM »
Can't speak for other places, but I can say that it is true, here in Israel. There have even been articles written about it in the press.

Leading contributing factor? Stress!

Most men and women serve in the army. Today's army service is far more stressful than a generation or two ago.

More stress does two things, 1 stress is a factor in hair loss, as well as smoking (also rumored to have an effect on hair loss).

Most men go bald earlier than their dads did.

And I can see the results of this, everywhere I go. Loads of young bald or balding men.

Another good reason to end the occupation!

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 09:28:22 PM »
Well I know I had the hair-line of my father at 60 when I was 28, now at 33 I have much less than my father, though my younger brother still has a good head of hair
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!