Author Topic: Removed some ads for members  (Read 3831 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Removed some ads for members
« on: October 30, 2017, 12:39:20 PM »
You'll probably notice that there are no longer ads on the left side after you login. I've been doing my quarterly review of the site and decided that it's a much better experience with out them.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Removed some ads for members
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 08:40:52 AM »
You'll probably notice that there are no longer ads on the left side after you login. I've been doing my quarterly review of the site and decided that it's a much better experience with out them.

Agreed.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 11:19:00 AM »
A great change @Tyler, thanks

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 04:11:34 PM »
does this mean that you are getting enough donations to keep the site going? Or just using other revenue to pay for the site?

Guys, don't forget to donate!

Mr Zed.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 09:41:46 AM »
does this mean that you are getting enough donations to keep the site going? Or just using other revenue to pay for the site?

Guys, don't forget to donate!

Mr Zed.

Not getting much in terms of donations. The revenue I get from people clicking on links and buying through Amazon has been enough to keep the site going.

When I looked at how much revenue came in through the ads on the side it turned out to be fairly small.  Because of this I figured it was better to remove them and improve the experience.

I have placed a video ad at the top of the forum that will show occasionally and only 5 times to each person per session.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: