Author Topic: How Should We Promote Sly Bald Guys?  (Read 87487 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: How Should We Promote Sly Bald Guys?
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2007, 09:40:49 PM »
Any news about everyone getting together?  I'd love to be there.

July 7th thru 9th, Austin, TX.! 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2007, 11:22:03 AM »
Hope you guys have a great time! 

How about super imposing a photo of Tyler on a hot air balloon and doing a round the world trip?? 

Or is that a bit far fetched
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
Sly Bald Guys Cards
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2008, 05:01:06 AM »
Ok, I took Tyler's general design and had these made up at 123Print.com.  Cost about $23 for 200 cards on nice heavy black glossy stock.  Sorry, they can't mix font color like Ty's on the same line.  I think it is great quality for the price.

Red

In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Sly Bald Guys Cards
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2008, 10:37:33 PM »
Ok, I took Tyler's general design and had these made up at 123Print.com.  Cost about $23 for 200 cards on nice heavy black glossy stock.  Sorry, they can't mix font color like Ty's on the same line.  I think it is great quality for the price.

Red

Awesome!  Anyway to get the message out!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Kojack

• Sly
« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2008, 06:30:18 PM »
You know what would be sweet. If you guys had some sort of flyer type thing that folks could print off and put up. Like for instance. The park where I go walking everyday has a big community board right along side the walking track. If there was some keen Sly Guys flyer I could print off, I'd for sure print off a few and stick it up. If there is one already, can you send me the link to it.

Thanks.
Remember to never take my advice seriously (unless I'm being serious) and you'll do alright.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2008, 01:17:44 AM »
Good idea Kojack.  I'll try to get you something.

GASlick

« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2008, 02:11:24 AM »
I have a vinyl cutter at my store I use to do lettering for windows and cars, things like that.  I've been thinking about putting it on the back of my truck.  That is, if I have permission from the boss man.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2008, 04:13:34 PM »
I have a vinyl cutter at my store I use to do lettering for windows and cars, things like that.  I've been thinking about putting it on the back of my truck.  That is, if I have permission from the boss man.

Sure, you have permission!

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2008, 05:19:57 PM »

Hey, can you make one that I can put on the back window of my pickup!  That would be really cool to go around town with the SBG logo in the window for everyone to see.........if so how much would you charge?
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2008, 06:23:40 PM »
Hey, can you make one that I can put on the back window of my pickup!  That would be really cool to go around town with the SBG logo in the window for everyone to see.........if so how much would you charge?
[/quote]

I'd put one on my car too.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

GASlick

« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2008, 06:01:35 PM »
Sorry about the delay in replying with this.  haven't been on if a few days.

I'll get the graphics outlined and cut one.  Doing custom cutting is sometimes tricky.  As soon as I get it done, I'll put it on my truck and post a pic.

Offline Kojack

• Sly
« Reply #131 on: September 07, 2008, 02:43:30 AM »
Would like a flyer to print off and maybe a monthly contest.
Best shaved dome wins some shave oil or blades or something.

We could print off flyers announcing the contest that members could print off and post on local bulletin boards, along with the SBG website URL.

It cant lose!!!
Remember to never take my advice seriously (unless I'm being serious) and you'll do alright.

usmcpelon

« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2009, 02:44:43 PM »
I have been going through some old posting, early 2006, and I notice there was a convention or advertising plan then.  What ever happen with those plan.  I remember back in the early 90's there was a group of Flatop men that used to get together every year for their annual Flatop convention.  That disappear too.  I am new to all this as you all might have read my posting, but I am truely becoming a bald lover.  If you guys are really interested in promoting and recruiting more guys to the bald look, well lets get working on it.  We need to get together and work toward the goal of 1000 bald head.  Suggestion: usmcpelon@gmail.com

usmcpelon

« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2009, 09:48:42 AM »
It's going to be 4 months since I shaved my head bald.  I have attempted to let me hair growout twice only to fail twice.  I can truely say I'm bald for life.  However, in these 4 months, I have been thinking about recruiting the bald population of this area into a group, club or whatever it may turn out to be.  I have successfuly recruited 5 guys who are truely hardcore slybaldguys and are willing to make something of it.  We have to begin somewhere, but I'm not sure whether you guys are serious about getting the national recognition you want.  If only we could all setup a recruiting campaign to make this organization a more nationaly recognizable organization.  How about it guy.  Should we promote SlyBaldGuy by activly recruiting out in the open?   

OzBaldyBoi

« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2010, 02:53:08 PM »
I like usmcpelon's idea about actively recruiting and though this may seem over the top, could you send a promotional pack to notable sly celebs e.g Vin Diesel, Steve Wilkos etc.. and do something with this?