Author Topic: February Sly Fitness Challenge  (Read 21632 times)

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
    • Friends of CFF in Washington State
Re: February Sly Fitness Challenge
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 02:12:31 AM »
Hey Beardman, Glad you have kept the board intact, thanks for your efforts here!!! I have been keeping fitness my top pri just been so swamped and living out of hotels, all with gyms, got a couple good books on full body workouts(no gear) and been using some heavy duty bands that fit in the carry on. Actually dropped a couple more ponds while adding more muscle....new girlfriend is also a fitness nut!

Yes, all good on my end and enjoying the new relationship as well :)
Cheers,
Ty

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 02:21:50 AM »
G'day Ty, that's awesome mate, it's really interesting how little you need to get a good workout when you need to. I always have some no equipment exercises in my training programs. It gives you something to do if you have to wait for equipment, lucky we very rarely have to wait at my gym though.

I'm glad to hear the new relationship is going well too, sounds like you have a good thing going on  O0

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 04:11:43 AM »
Woohoo!!! Done 40 miles on the exercise bike over the weekend.....ok not a lot for some but for me it's pretty massive!!

Knees are a little sore but I guess I'm using muscles I havn't since the '90s, feeling good for it though!! Now the big challenge starts, I'm working pretty much solid for the rest of the month, healthy isn't so bad at home but out on the road will be harder, but i don't want to waste the work I'm putting in or have them sore knees for nothing!!

benlen

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 07:07:55 AM »
Northeastern University in Boston has a GREAT gym available to undegrad and grad students, something I've been taking advantage of!

I'm generally always in good shape, but I go through periods where I do more outdoor sports/less gym and vise versa. Since I cannot ski this winter, I'm hitting the gym, lifting twice a week and doing some cardio two-three times per week depending on how lazy I am :-p

I'm also adjusting to my exercise/eating level since I've been eating a vegan diet. It's required some adjustment (I loss ten pounds in about a week and a half when I first started) but now my weight has leveled out, and I've discovered what/how to eat to keep my muscle mass.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 10:29:27 PM »
Woohoo!!! Done 40 miles on the exercise bike over the weekend.....ok not a lot for some but for me it's pretty massive!!

Knees are a little sore but I guess I'm using muscles I havn't since the '90s, feeling good for it though!! Now the big challenge starts, I'm working pretty much solid for the rest of the month, healthy isn't so bad at home but out on the road will be harder, but i don't want to waste the work I'm putting in or have them sore knees for nothing!!

Great work man, keep at it, you don't want to waste all that hard work! I'm sure you'll keep on track, you've just got to say no to the temptations!

Northeastern University in Boston has a GREAT gym available to undegrad and grad students, something I've been taking advantage of!

I'm generally always in good shape, but I go through periods where I do more outdoor sports/less gym and vise versa. Since I cannot ski this winter, I'm hitting the gym, lifting twice a week and doing some cardio two-three times per week depending on how lazy I am :-p

I'm also adjusting to my exercise/eating level since I've been eating a vegan diet. It's required some adjustment (I loss ten pounds in about a week and a half when I first started) but now my weight has leveled out, and I've discovered what/how to eat to keep my muscle mass.

Sounds like a plan! It does take a bit of mucking around to get your exercise vs food intake right when you are trying to stay steady. I've been doing pretty well of late, I'm only fluxuating at +-1kg. So I'm pretty impressed with that!

Offline Viking

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 01:57:25 AM »
First day on the road went well, skipped time on the bike last night and this morning however as my knee is real sore, hopefully I'll be back on it tonight or tomorrow, sure my body just needs to get used to me using it!!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 04:36:12 AM »
Yeah, best to rest it mate. Don't want it blowing up into a full blown injury. They are the worst. My shoulder has only just started allowing me to lift what I was lifting before I hurt myself, back in August (?) last year... Maybe it was sooner, I forget, it was too long ago, all I know it I never want to go through that again.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 11:13:04 AM »
I'm in today on my plan.  Although siatic nerve pain is hampering thing. Going to the chiropractor this afternoon. But sticking on food plan

Feeling somewhat better tonight. Not perfect, but the 'adjustment' is helping, along with heat and stretching exercises.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:34:15 PM by mrzed »

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 03:01:16 PM »
after my virus I am back, planned to go gym saturday but didnt feel well enough so went Monday and Tuesday and amazed how cardio wise I am struggling with running. My lung capacity has gone down and am struggling not to cough. Have done 5k both days but days but not in one go which is unheard of for me! Angry!

The anger paid off as hit the weights hard. Slightly saw. I want guns by Summer - ROAR!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 09:11:55 PM »
That's no good Mr. Z, hopefully that siatica settles down!

Lol Buffman, I know exactly what you mean, I hate the first week back after illness! It sucks the big one! I'm sure those guns will be locked and loaded by summer though!

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 04:37:44 PM »
I had a rest day today, 3 days and was feeling it in my bod for the first week back. Can't wait to get in the gym tomorrow! ROAR!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 06:45:53 PM »
That's no good Mr. Z, hopefully that siatica settles down!

Feeling better today. Not perfect.  Weight is down about 5 pounds, though.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:36:37 PM by mrzed »

Offline Viking

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2013, 04:02:46 AM »
Been back on the exercise bike since taking a rest day on Tuesday and feeling good, I dunno if is just the initial enthusiasm but I'm actually enjoying doing it. That's a week of bike work, going to mix in some weight work come monday.

The exercise combined with a better diet feels great, it's nice to eat because you are feeling hungry and charging up again instead of just because it's that time of the day you feel you should eat and I swear I am sleeping better too.

If I fall off this wagon please beat me to get back on it!!!

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 12:20:02 PM »
I walked to and from my doctor's office despite the fact that it's slushing (not quite raining, not quite snowing) outside and totally gross!  About 4 miles all told.

I've dropped 10+ lbs since January.  I don't weigh myself that often because water retention, when I last ate, etc has such an impact on the scale, but the doctor weighed me and we were both pleased as punch.

The increased protein effort has been a mixed bag.  Some days I do great.  Days like today, all I have in the house is rice and couscous and the idea of heading back out in the slushing is less than appealing.

The dog will need to go out eventually tho.  I suppose I should just take advantage of her needing a wee and suit up and head to the grocery store to get some protein/veg.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2013, 11:07:24 PM »
Sounds like everyone is doing really well, keep up the good work guys  O0

I had to miss my Friday workout because there was just no way I could fit it in anywhere, a bit disappointed, but oh well, sometimes you just have to skip it.