Author Topic: Early Spring  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Early Spring
« on: March 15, 2024, 01:03:26 PM »
The spring weather has come early where I live.  We are enjoying temperatures in the 70's (it was 62 at 7:00 AM when I took the dog out)  The trees are starting to bloom and the cherry trees are nearly at peak already.  As much as I am enjoying this weather, I hope it isn't an omen of a blazing hot, humid summer.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Early Spring
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 01:50:55 PM »
Same here @Laser Man , temps in the 60's and some trees budding.

I've been wearing a full beard all winter, and it's almost time to trim it back to the goatee. I'm growing my hair for a couple weeks so I can do a spring cleanup! When I'm ready, I can trim the beard and shave off the buzzcut for a whole new look.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 08:27:09 AM »
Well, I?m in Florida, where we have four seasons
1.  Early summer
2.  Summer
3.  Still summer
4.  Almost summer

Early summer has arrived and just this week the homegrown and sweetcorn came into the farm market where I live
Before you know it, I will have to protect my head from Sunberg

But in another month I will retreat from the heat to spend five months in Illinois

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 04:29:49 PM »
In the north woods of Wisconsin we have had a total of about six inches of snow all winter. Today we had a blizzard (relatively speaking). Not much accumulation but blowing snow and limited visibility. Temps in the teens after 60s a few days ago. I don't mind the absence of snow after the crap we had last year.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 07:21:47 PM »
While we are having warm temperatures last week, this week has turned very chilly and windy.  My wife has been complaining that the temps have been bouncing around so much that it's hard to dress properly for comfort.  The winds are blowing the petals off of the cherry blossoms so that at times it looks like a mini snowstorm.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2024, 03:55:06 AM »
Not here (Israel).

We have had the wettest winter on record... and it's raining now (and cold), it should be Spring.

Meh.

Offline Josh-Mtl

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2024, 07:09:17 AM »
Here in Canada it's been one of the warmest winters on record. In Montreal the second-warmest ever. The snow is already gone in many places. It seems that it will be bad for wildfires in Canada this year.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2024, 08:28:04 AM »
Our winter (northern Virginia, USA) was fairly warm as well.  We had only two snowfalls, both in the same week and about a total of twelve days where the nighttime low was well below freezing.  The temperatures fluctuated wildly.  This week, we are under a fire watch because it's been dry, the humidity is low and the wind gusts are very high. 

Enter your email address: