Author Topic: Take Control  (Read 6362 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Take Control
« on: August 06, 2008, 12:40:47 PM »
When a guy loses his hair, he often gets obsessed with the fact that there is little or nothing he can do to actually stop or reverse the hair loss.  This lack of control over his own body can really add to the group of things that start to break down his confidence.  It’s my belief that the feeling of losing control is one of the primary reasons that a man loses his confidence. 

The second reason many guys start to lose their confidence is that they progress from not being able to do anything about their hair loss into asking themselves unanswerable questions like, “Will people still find me attractive or approve of me?”  This is especially hard for younger guys in their late teens and early twenties because they have yet to find that person whom has proven that they love them for who they are, not what they look like.  Though, this can still cause a problem for older men who think that hair loss might hurt their career or social life.

How can you take control?  It’s actually really easy and only takes about 20 minutes.  Shave your head!  Don’t buzz it, shave it!  Honestly, this is the best answer that I’ve found and I’ve talked to thousands of guys about their hair loss. 

Why does shaving your head work?  The act of getting rid of your hair is a very liberating feeling.  Your head will feel a bit numb and with your bare scalp showing, your hair loss will be virtually invisible.  Head shaving also works because it shows people that you are taking control of the situation and not letting it bug you.

The act of shaving your head, by itself can turn your confidence around.  This is the first step to having your confidence back in 30 days.

You might be saying to yourself, “Whoa, I don’t know if I can do something that drastic!”  “What will people think?”  “What if I cut myself?” “What if I don’t have the right shaped head?” Or even a host of other questions.  I can assure you that I’ve heard them all!  The main thing that 99% of guys say after getting over these questions is “Why didn’t I do this sooner?”  But to provide a little more help with these questions, I’ll answer the most common questions.

What will people think? – I’m not going to lie to you and tell you that everyone will instantly love you with a shaved head.  Actually, the most opposition I hear of is from parents and spouses.  But, rarely do friends and co-workers oppose to a guy shaving his head.  Actually, almost all the guys I talk to report positive feedback from most everyone. 

So what about the parents and spouse? – Your parents and spouse want what’s best for you, so if they don’t like it in the beginning, then eventually they will see how happy it makes you and will realize it is the best thing for you.  Give it time.

“What if I don’t have a good head shape?” – This is probably the second most common question I hear and the answer is simple.  Everyone has a great shaped head for head shaving.  Rarely is there a perfect head but the beautiful thing is that people don’t look that closely at you do see if you have a perfect head shape or not – especially when you’re standing there with confidence.  They are too busy trying to figure out how to get some of your confidence or get you to like them.

What will women think? – I can tell you that women prefer a guy with a shaved head over a guy with patchy hair or a big bald spot. Even more than this, they prefer a guy with confidence.  So, when you shave your head and start to get confidence back, you’ll start to see women becoming more and more attracted to you.

What will people at work think? – It’s a non-issue.  They rarely notice or say anything unless you bring it up yourself.  They are too busy worried about them to care if you shaved your head.  If they do notice, it’s almost always a positive reaction.

Shave your head for 30 days straight and you will see an amazing transformation!

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Take Control
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 01:17:25 PM »
Great Post Tyler.

I call it "Giving Mother Nature 'The Bird'".  O0

SLY FOR LIFE  8)

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 07:39:20 PM »
Great post Tyler
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 09:47:44 AM »
Also SLY for life..............
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 02:50:01 PM »
Why would a real MAN be obsessed with his hair?  If you think about it you would be obsessing over strings of dead.......WHAT EVER......its DEAD....so I think if you have something dead on your body, get it the HELL off of your body!!!!!!!!...........But in the end it remains a personal decision for everyone.

I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 03:46:07 PM »
hey tyler:  gr8 post... everyone who is thinking about shaving their dome ("sitting on the fence") should read this and take it 2 heart.  sly 4 life, bayyy-beee!!! O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 05:15:47 PM »
Great post, and great new section.

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 09:40:58 AM »
Yet another reason why this Site has so many members and is such an active forum on what is let's face it an extremely specific subject  :D
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline baldking

• Brian
  • Sly
  • "The time is now"
    • bald head shine
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 06:44:21 PM »
Very well put.  I shaved my head long before evolution took place and let me tell you I didnt miss a beat on the road less traveled.  If evolution has it right we will all be bald in the end!
http://www.baldheadshine.com
slimgoodbody@hotmail.com

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 10:18:18 AM »
another great post

O0
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 10:48:05 AM »
another great post

O0

Ditto !!  I can't figure out how I missed this post    :o

JohnMont

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 02:27:24 PM »

great post;   for my 2 cents; I really have to agree on what a great confidence builder it is to shave continually over a period of time.  Something that just brought this home to me is that I was looking at some Pre-Sly pics of myself; and while I thought it was a cool buzzcut then; seeing it now; i think i look pathetic.   So much better sly! Going back to that old look would make my whole self confincence quotient take a nose dive !
(here's one of the pics.  See what i mean ??! )

JohnMont

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 02:28:18 PM »
one more