Author Topic: going back to hair  (Read 14960 times)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: going back to hair
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 03:51:12 PM »
Dober,  I have not be on for a while and I just saw your "system" and I have to say it really looks good, not fake looking at all.  And I did not expect you to get this much hair.

So how is the maintenance to deal with it?
SlyBeard

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2018, 08:10:24 AM »
Dober,  I have not be on for a while and I just saw your "system" and I have to say it really looks good, not fake looking at all.  And I did not expect you to get this much hair.

So how is the maintenance to deal with it?

Hi Sly, and thanks!

So, after the initial hurdle of being new to hair, and LONG hair, I finally got the hang of it. I was using full head adhesive, then switched to tape and glued hairline to finally just tape, all around.

It takes just about an hour, total to remove, clean, condition, and dry. Another 15 minutes to reattach. I do that once a week will probably switch to every other week, in the late fall.

Daily maintenance, is minimal. I have an easy style... man bun/samurai ponytail. I spray with leave-in conditioner, and brush, then put it up and go; 5 mins.

It's been REALLY fun.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2018, 05:46:06 PM »
I never would have thought you could get a system with a modern style like that.  I assume the fringe is your natural hair that blends in with it.
SlyBeard

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2018, 01:44:21 AM »
Actually, my avatar pic is from after my first "haircut", day after the system was "cut in", I wanted the sides, shorter, and that is my "natural fringe".

My current look, see attached, has my head completely shaved.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 09:02:28 AM »
They did a great job with it, I am impressed.  Since  you are completely shaved underneath, do you always wear it, or do you sometimes go out bald?

And does it make you head hot since you are accustomed to having it exposed?
SlyBeard

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2018, 10:49:23 AM »
So, the question has two answers.

I had to return the system, do to shedding problems, and have been without for about three weeks, and my replacement will be here on Monday. So, yes, I have been going out "bald".

Before, I would only go to the supermarket without it (Friday or Sat AM).

I would say that I don't feel hotter... it's lace, so it breaths. I also avoid the strong sun (wear a hat, when I must), since I am really sensitive to it.

I don't think I would wear it if I had to work outside.

S.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2018, 01:21:05 AM »
New hair...

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2018, 09:13:32 PM »
Steve,

I wouldn’t have imagined you with hair!  While I am perfectly happy to be shaved or grow out my MPB, people need to be happy with their look!  While I had always admired your shaved headed and bearded look, you actually wear the system well!  As for myself, I am growing back my fringe.  I’ve done that before but shaved it off after a month or two.  I actually would like to get the fringe long and maybe even grow out the ponytail.  Some people think I might be nuts but I like contrasts?   I still love my bald head but had not had long hair since the early 90’s when I started to lose hair.  But I will probably come back to a totally shaved head!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 07:09:25 PM by marshd1000 »

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2018, 10:21:30 AM »
Hi Marsh,

Thanks for the compliments. The hair has been a load of fun. Although the BF prefers me shaved bald! As for you... go ahead and grow out the fringe. Let your freak flag fly, no matter how much you have left.

I tried it for nine months and gave up.

Best,

Steve

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2018, 01:39:50 AM »
Long hair, major PITA!!!

Offline jnwalt

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2020, 02:37:21 AM »
has anyone shaved their head by choice or not and have gone back to growing their hair.and how did you feel about that.and will you keep the full head of hair or the horse shoe look.

Yeah, I am doing it all the time...

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2020, 04:42:28 AM »
I've been  bald for so long that I fear no one would recognize me if I grow it back and I'd probably look kinda odd so  I'll keep shaving every day out of habit.  Not a big deal for me.  Hair or no hair doesn't matter to me.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2020, 06:33:17 AM »
Sometimes i do grow my hair out. It always ends up being a disappointing experience because i notice how more and more thin its become.

And if i grow it out...I usually make a trip to the barber to get a flattop. And of course it’s a thin looking flattop so i end up buzzing it off after a couple flattop cuts.

Ironically, i just grew out some hair and managed to do a self cut flattop with the help of my partner. He did the top nice and short. I like my flats short!  I coached him through it and he did a awesome job for his first flattop. Not an easy cut. I finished the sides with a razor. I think I’ll keep it for a while as practice makes perfect. And the second flat always comes out better.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2021, 01:05:28 PM »
After 19 years of shaving, I got tired of the routine or something and about 3 years ago I decided to regrow my hair.  I enjoyed getting some nice fade haircuts, and last spring I was curious to see just how big my hair could get, but in the last few weeks I suddenly regained interest in shaving my head again.  I'm getting bald envy when I see other guys with a freshly shaved head.  The thing about fade haircuts is that it's only a style that you can rent for a few days because they grow out so friggin' fast.  Currently what I do is give myself buzzcuts once a week and I'm tried of doing that because for the next 2 days the little hairs pieces that get cut off stick to my skin and itch.

I don't think I'm going to go much longer with hair.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2021, 01:13:20 PM »
After 19 years of shaving, I got tired of the routine or something and about 3 years ago I decided to regrow my hair.  I enjoyed getting some nice fade haircuts, and last spring I was curious to see just how big my hair could get, but in the last few weeks I suddenly regained interest in shaving my head again.  I'm getting bald envy when I see other guys with a freshly shaved head.  The thing about fade haircuts is that it's only a style that you can rent for a few days because they grow out so friggin' fast.  Currently what I do is give myself buzzcuts once a week and I'm tried of doing that because for the next 2 days the little hairs pieces that get cut off stick to my skin and itch.

I don't think I'm going to go much longer with hair.

If I could grow mine back, I would love to have a tight fade haircut.  I would gladly keep a weekly barber appointment to keep it fresh.  I love the style, but I never had it.  It was not trendy back when I had hair, shorter hair for guys was just starting to come back in style when I started shaving.
SlyBeard