Author Topic: "new one" "new friends"...How to deal with it  (Read 3515 times)

Offline thebaboun

• Sly Jr.
"new one" "new friends"...How to deal with it
« on: January 19, 2010, 09:33:20 PM »
Ok......I am a university student now and I am have a "gang" with a lot of girls especially and a couple of guys. It is the first time that I can say that I have a "gang" of people who appreciate me and with consider me as a friend. In the past I had good friends on the side and bla bla bla.

When I was young, until maybe 15 years old, I never had real friends and was a "reject" if we can say it that way.

What is weird, is that now that  Ihave friends, I tend to be like disapointed when I offer some of them to go out and they refuse....in the past it happened to me a lot only to discover that people who I was considering friends, were not friends. I just don't know SOMETIMES how to deal with the fact that I have a new "click" and they consider me as a friend and invite me doing sometime.
I have the impression that I want to "get back" the time I lost when I was a child/teenager....It feels weird sometimes!!!

What do you guys think about it!?

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: "new one" "new friends"...How to deal with it
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 06:54:15 AM »
Dude..... you're worrying about the small stuff too much...........
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 08:11:43 AM »
you gotta stop lookin at everything under a microscope.  Just relax and enjoy life! 8)

Offline bem75

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 08:56:18 AM »
Like the guys said, relax.  Here's one tip, though:  If you're invited to do something, accept the invite.  Unless you have a 100% unavoidable commitment, accept the invitation.  Even if you don't like the activity that you're being invited to, accept it and pretend like you're enjoying yourself.  If you say "no" too many times, people will stop inviting you.  Plus, when you say yes to invites, people will somehow be more likely to say yes to your invites.

Don't question it.  Just do it.  It works.   O0

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 06:36:17 PM »
The past is gone, or at least it should be and you can't do anything to change it!  You may have had some bad experiences growing up but bro, so did everyone else.  I mean this very compassionately... get over it!  O0

You can plan for the future but you don't get to live there... the only thing you can control is YOU, right here and right now.  Enjoy your friends but don't expect anything from them.  Be the best friend you can be, the best person you can be.  Remember, we only grow through adversity, the same way a weight lifters muscles grow.  Embrace difficulties because they make you stronger, develop your character and prepare you to handle the next one.  Adapt and overcome.  You are either in a trial, coming out of a trial or about to enter a trial... that is life!

Always remember... life is good!  :)

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 08:28:39 PM »
Beware the "paralysis of analysis".
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 01:39:46 PM »
Get hold of Edith Piaf's song, "Non, je ne regrette rien!"  Listen, learn & most of all live, from today forward.  Feed your bad memories to the fire, and proceed to get on with life.  Time cannot be regained, but it can be wasted.  Know the difference.

Offline thebaboun

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 05:25:23 PM »
haha yeah...thank you guys!