Author Topic: traffic  (Read 4204 times)

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
traffic
« on: June 01, 2021, 01:57:13 AM »
We seem to have become a very select crew, still check in everymoring with a coffee. Always nice to hear what you guys are up to.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Re: traffic
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 03:37:39 AM »
Yep, I check in every morning as well and in the evening too!  I have the feeling that many of us check in as well.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 08:29:20 PM »
I check in also most days and post if I have 2 cents to add.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline MoonageDaydream

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 06:28:29 AM »
I still check in to see what’s going on just about every day. Definitely less activity than in years past. Lurkers, shave your heads and join the conversation

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 07:58:55 AM »
Lurkers, shave your heads and join the conversation

Couldn’t agree more! It’s just hair. It will grow back. But trust us...the feel of a smooth dome is unbeatable and the angst of dealing with your hair (or hairloss) will disappear!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2021, 09:57:47 AM »
@Razorhead , you are right! After years of shaving and periodically growing back hair, I have finally realized I love being bald by choice. Yes, although I think bald looks great, it's the feel of a smooth freshly shaved head. I was just thinking today what a simple pleasure it is to get a fresh haircut everyday!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 01:47:02 PM »
I check in a fair amount too.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2021, 05:21:32 AM »
@Razorhead your right i need to give up on my hair and shave it off. I still have a full head of hair, but much enjoy my head shaved smooth.

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2021, 05:45:49 AM »
I check in once every few days but am quiet by nature so don't say much.

On a side note, I was filling out my U.S. passport renewal forms and "Bald" was an option under Hair Color. Nice!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2021, 08:49:42 PM »
@Runningman586 Just do it! As I am typing this.... I’m resting my bald head on a nice cool pillow. That’s another nice benefit. Cool pillowcases at nighttime. The sensation!

@JohnRa good to know about passports. I’ll need to update mine soon.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 08:51:54 PM by Razorhead »

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2021, 08:58:08 PM »
@reddog I’m on your side about regrowing hair. I love being bald. So the fuzz days are limited. And quite frankly.....my hair days are numbered. Can’t do a flattop anymore. Started out as bald by choice guy but Mother Nature has stepped in.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2021, 05:12:15 AM »
@Razorhead , I wouldn't have a problem if I would start losing my hair, it would make shaving easier. While I still have great coverage, my white hair has gotten fine/less course.

Last night at a car cruise-in, I got some nice compliments on my smooth head. Several of the guys are shaving now, and asked for shaving advice. They wanted to know how to not have any shadow, I told them it's because of the grey hair. They also asked about razors and my shaving routine. Bald is becoming really popular around here!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2021, 07:40:59 AM »
@reddog it’s interesting losing your hair while you are already bald by choice. It’s definitely not as traumatic, but in the back of your head you realize ‘wow, I’m getting old’. As much as I would like to grow another flattop, it’s not a big deal that I can’t.

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2021, 07:59:55 PM »
@reddog that's great that it's become more popular around where you live. I'm sure that helped the guys get more comfortable with shaving.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 08:44:50 PM by Runningman586 »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2021, 04:07:58 PM »
@reddog it’s interesting losing your hair while you are already bald by choice. It’s definitely not as traumatic, but in the back of your head you realize ‘wow, I’m getting old’. As much as I would like to grow another flattop, it’s not a big deal that I can’t.

It’s not as traumatic when it’s happening but it can be quite a shock when you don’t shave for a few days and suddenly discover that you don’t have as much hair as you thought.

I started shaving my head because it was starting to thin and recede but It hadn’t yet progressed to the point where most people would refer to me as “bald”.  In the back of my mind I always felt that I could always grow my hair back to the way it was just before the shave.  That delusion was soundly crushed a few years in, when I came down with a bad dose of the flu and didn’t shave for about a week.  After about five days I was sporting a full horseshoe. I could feel a little stubble on top but could not see it. Perhaps given more time, I could have grown back some hair on top but I knew it would be a slow process and I didn’t have any appetite to wait it out and see what happened.

Fast forward several years to the time I saw a picture of myself taken from behind and discovered that the top of my horseshoe had lowered from just below the crown to halfway down the back of my head.  And then there was another day when I took a selfie next to a window on a day that I hadn’t shaved yet.  The camera flash revealed a silvery sheen on the side of my head, and I realized that my hair had gone grey.

When your head is shaved you don’t see those day to day changes - and then one day they hit you all at once.  Traumatic might be too strong a word but it is definitely surprising!  ;)

Enter your email address: