Author Topic: Has anyone lost 100lbs.?  (Read 6983 times)

Offline revilodad

• Learning the way of Sly
Has anyone lost 100lbs.?
« on: August 27, 2017, 02:32:12 PM »
If so, how long did it take?

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: Has anyone lost 100lbs.?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 07:20:27 PM »
I lost 35 pounds over the course of 18 months and have kept it off for 6 years.  I did it through a combination of exercise and diet change.  Exercise in the form of going to the gym 3-4 times a week for cardio / aerobic exercise (treadmill at a fast walking pace).  Diet in the form of cutting out soda / sweetened drinks, cutting way back on fast foods and deep fried foods, cutting down on starches like potatoes, rice and pasta.  Diet also meant eating protein more evenly during the day and eating more fresh fruits and vegetables.  Cutting down on salt is very important. 

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 01:17:11 AM »
not yet, but Im now 43kg (95lb) since December 2018
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 01:07:10 PM »
I have lost about 19 lbs. (10% of my previous weight) since 1/1/19. I was already eating very healthily for the most part.  I cut back on carbohydrates (less bread; pasta; etc.); eliminated ice cream except 1/week; cut back on between meal snacks (although there weren't a lot of those); reduced alcohol. Once you get used to being slightly hungry most of the time, it's not so bad. I did a lot of cardio and some weight training. I worked my way up to generally 1 hour, 3 times/week on the elliptical. Longer dog walks also.  I used MyFitnessPal.com to keep me on track.  I wasn't compulsive about it, but it did help me stay directionally correct & on track. 

My best advice is to set smaller, realistically achievable goals, and maybe add a "reward" for achieving a goal.  I also committed that I would keep my head shaved (either #000000 clipper or razor shaved) until I reached my goal, and that upon reaching my goal of 15 lbs. lost, I would grow a beard and buy a new belt that I had wanted.  After reaching the 15 lb. goal, I kept on going as I really liked the results: I feel less tired; have more energy. My weight does bounce up and down a bit, but that's OK as long as the long term direction is decreasing over time. I'd like to get down to 160-165. I shaved the beard after 6 weeks, but am still shaving my head. If I reach my new goal, I'll grow my beard back again.

Good luck to you.

Offline JimHLA

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 09:56:43 PM »
I lost 45lbs, I went from 205 lbs to between 155 to 160 lbs today and lost that weight 8 years ago.
I actually did Weight Watchers for men, dropped my bad eating habits such as stress eating , late night eating and mindless eating and started going to the gym. It took me 5 to 6 months but I don’t have any stretch marks and never gained any weight back. My biggest tip don’t eat unless your hungry.