Author Topic: Hair  (Read 2358 times)

Offline chuck63

• Sly
Re: Hair
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2021, 07:49:22 AM »
@JohnRa. Any epilator should do.  What I’ve done is keep areas that I’m not planning to epilate shaved and leave a small section growing.  After a couple of days I start tweezing the section of growth a little at a time for two or three days.  There will be some redness, irritation, and bleeding.  After a few days, the skin calms down.  I’ve noticed that with each successive session the pain is reduced or eliminated altogether.  I have noticeable bare spots on my scalp with no growth a couple of months since I last did it.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 01:11:49 PM »
I don't understand why hair restoration is such a big industry.  I get the feeling that men are more vain then women.  I just shave it off and that's it.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2021, 07:46:24 AM »
I don't understand why hair restoration is such a big industry.  I get the feeling that men are more vain then women.  I just shave it off and that's it.

If hair restoration worked as well as it is purported to, there would be very few bald men in the world at this point in time.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2021, 01:48:08 PM »
Now that makes a lot of sense Razor! :)  I just don't get why some guys treat it as a fate worse than death.   I used to have a bald circle at the top near the back of my head.  For some reason it grew back over the years but I never gave a thought to covering it up or using anything to make it grow back.  I dunno. ^-^  I do however, have other things on my plate so that might explain why that stuff don't bother me.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 01:55:03 PM by clint902 »

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2021, 09:25:38 AM »
I've also noticed, as people have gotten used to seeing so many shaved heads, they are more comfortable making comments about my hairstyle. This week, one guy said "hey, your hat doesn't fit, no hair!".  Another guys mentioned the nice shine on my head, another told me to be careful in the sun. I'm glad we just sport a different haircut, and people accept it.

Last night, I was at a classic car cruise-in and there were about 10 of us sitting around and only one guy had a full head of hair. There were 3 of us shaved and the rest were in various stages of balding.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 06:59:19 PM by reddog »
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2021, 06:55:10 PM »
I hope they're getting used to my head because I growing it back!  One guy said he hated my shaved head but that doesn't matter because he used to be a hairdresser and It was his opinion.