Author Topic: Expect the unexpected  (Read 5968 times)

Offline tbelot

• Sly Jr.
Re: Expect the unexpected
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2021, 06:37:09 AM »
My wife originally didn't like the idea of me going down to the wood even though my scalp looked like a pin cushion.  Sparse stubble on top.  Once I did it she was impressed with my confidence to do it anyway.  Most people who comment suggest my head is the ideal shape and it simply suits me.  The only downside I find is I get chilled a bit quicker without any insulation on the roof so-to-speak.  If I wear a beanie outside, sometime it simply slides off as there's nothing to grip on.  I'm pretty happy being sly.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2021, 10:57:37 AM »
The biggest unexpected reaction was how much i would love it. I never liked my hair and shaving it was a good solution! I’ve always had positive reactions. I even ran into someone that I haven’t seen in while, and she said ‘I thought it was you! I can spot your beautiful bald head anywhere’. So I guess a bald head can be fairly iconic and a standout feature.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2021, 03:20:52 AM »
I didn't shave for a couple of days and my wife told me it wasn't natural so In her mind, having hair isn't natural so  I think that's a good way of thinking.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2021, 07:24:48 AM »
You guys are really lucky to have supportive spouses! I'm on a singles site, and the women that contact me and say they like my shaved head get extra consideration!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2021, 09:35:22 AM »
I was not expecting that after shaving for a bit my head went from a matte tone to now is becoming naturally shiny. Anyone else had the same thing happen to them?

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2021, 03:15:42 PM »
I noticed that my scalp took on a darker tone to match my face.  I think maybe it was from exposure to the sun.  No, I don't get much oil anymore.