Author Topic: First week at work bald  (Read 3983 times)

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
First week at work bald
« on: June 07, 2020, 11:25:45 AM »
This past week was the first time I saw a lot of my colleagues at work since going sly more than a month ago. There were a few sidelong glances, and a couple of good-natured jokes ("Quarrantine cut?" to which I'd reply, "Yup. Going bald anyway so I decided to get ahead of the game!"). But, mostly people just ignored it. I still feel very self conscious about it, but that's more about me than other people's perceptions. All in all, it went well, and hopefully I'll feel more comfortable at work over time.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: First week at work bald
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 12:04:56 PM »
The first day at work is normally the worst. Its all downhill now.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 10:31:17 PM »
Well none of that sounds even the least bit evegative.  it kind of sounds to me like people really liked it!  I know I thought it was a refreshing improvement when I when I first saw your photo.  I’ll bet a lot of them think the same thing

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 01:23:25 PM »
Like we always tell guys, there will be initial reactions, most are positive, and some ribbing. After a few days they go away. Don't be surprised Jerome, if someone asks you questions about having a shaved head. Some other guys may be thinking about shaving too, and have questions. I had several guys ask about going cueball, and say they wish they had the balls to try it!

Sounds like you're liking it, and are committed to staying shaved. Enjoy!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 08:36:59 AM »
The first day at work is normally the worst. Its all downhill now.

Definitely. Though, like I said, it was my own self consciousness rather than anything anyone said or did that made me uncomfortable. It will definitely get better with time and I gain more confidence in my appearance.

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 08:38:46 AM »
Well none of that sounds even the least bit evegative.  it kind of sounds to me like people really liked it!  I know I thought it was a refreshing improvement when I when I first saw your photo.  I’ll bet a lot of them think the same thing

Thanks! I definitely feel better about myself and I no longer have to be stressed/anxious about being bald, which I'm sure comes across to others as well.

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 08:40:15 AM »
Like we always tell guys, there will be initial reactions, most are positive, and some ribbing. After a few days they go away. Don't be surprised Jerome, if someone asks you questions about having a shaved head. Some other guys may be thinking about shaving too, and have questions. I had several guys ask about going cueball, and say they wish they had the balls to try it!

Sounds like you're liking it, and are committed to staying shaved. Enjoy!

I am liking it! I would love to be a mentor to some one else who is curious about shaving. I am fortunate to have two good friends who are bald who served as my mentors!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 05:26:23 AM »
My boss gave me a funny look but other than that, nobody seemed to notice much.