Author Topic: Going sly tomorrow  (Read 4874 times)

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
Re: Going sly tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2020, 12:44:51 PM »
Congratulations! Looks good. It won't look much different when you razor shave, but you won't believe how awesome a smooth head feels.

With my white hair, it takes a few days growth to see anything, but I shave daily to get that completely smooth feel. Nothing feels cleaner than a silky smooth head. I finish with a cold water rinse and apply  for a great shine.

So im having issue getting completely smooth any tips I have bee bald and gilette sensitive, a safety razor, mach 3 razor and a rotary..still feels velcro against the grain

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2020, 01:51:08 PM »
You better wait a day or so to shave again, you don't want to get razor burn!!

It's probably just your process or technique. Everyone is different. Try different razors. Make sure you run alot of hot water on your head in the shower first. Look around on this site, there is a huge amount of info about shaving techniques. of

Most important, don't get discouraged! Part of the fun is finding your shaving routine. Eventually you will get it smooth as a babies .
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2020, 03:50:59 PM »
Agree, give your scalp a break to recover.  I use a generic 5 blade similar to the Gillette Fusion, and shave against the grain.  I still have a couple of trouble spots that I rarely get completely smooth.  It take some time and practice to "learn" your head and get the best shave.  Try washing your scalp with an exfoliating scrub before shaving, that helps as well.

Consider adding some facial hair if you can grow it.  It pairs well with a shaved head.
SlyBeard

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2020, 08:41:48 PM »
Agree, give your scalp a break to recover.  I use a generic 5 blade similar to the  , and shave against the grain.  I still have a couple of trouble spots that I rarely get completely smooth.  It take some time and practice to "learn" your head and get the best shave.  Try washing your scalp with an exfoliating scrub before shaving, that helps as well.

Consider adding some facial hair if you can grow it.  It pairs well with a shaved head.

I cant grow much of a beard in the past but ill give it a go.

also guys I think im hooked at least on being part time sly, I will definitely shave for a month but this is a look I think ill come back to again and again
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 08:43:23 PM by Thathawkguy001 »

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2020, 09:30:38 PM »
Wow; looks great off of you!

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2020, 01:25:38 AM »
Looks great, glad your are enjoying it

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2020, 05:43:27 AM »
Welcome, it looks great, and much respect to you for supporting a good cause!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2020, 08:38:45 AM »
The only time this month itll prob grow just a little is when im going to go to the barber for a professional shave again. I seriously love it and can't wait till I can get technique down enough to get it totally smooth. I don't know why I waited so long to be BBC. Everyone loves it except a few folks and it gives me incentive to stay in shape.

Im also going long term to full time bald in august when I start vet school so my bald brother classmate isnt the only not 20 something who is bald as hell.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 11:50:51 AM by Thathawkguy001 »

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2020, 03:08:38 PM »
Looks real good on you . Don’t concern your self with your head shape , looks fine to me. Give it 30 days for you and others time to adjust. Welcome to SBG.  O0
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2020, 05:12:19 AM »
Looks real good on you . Don’t concern your self with your head shape , looks fine to me. Give it 30 days for you and others time to adjust. Welcome to SBG.  O0

I am and like I said im going to grow it a few times and shave it but come August im going full Sly for the foreseable future.

Enter your email address: