Author Topic: Not sure whether to shave my head or not  (Read 8255 times)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Not sure whether to shave my head or not
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2020, 11:27:25 AM »
Just the natural process of aging.  If you shave for 10 years, expect more gray than now, and possibly thinner hair as well.  If you immediately grow back, you will not see any difference.
SlyBeard

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2020, 03:03:55 PM »
+1 on all the above , the only thing is after a longer period of time , your hair may become more thinner and more grey. This is the normal, and not due to shaving.

Is there a reason why it becomes more thinner and grey? I thought some of the others were saying it grows back the same as before,lol
I am not saying the shaving is causing this . But for example you shaved say 2 years, then grew it back you may see a change , because time passed, and you just might have gotten more grey and grew less hair as a natural occurrence of getting older . And this would have happened even if you never shaved.  But because it was shaved you didn’t see this happening.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline rob94

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2020, 09:51:50 AM »
You've all been really helpful in this, and given me all the necessary info in which to make an informed decision, which is much appreciated.

In a way, although its my personal choice, if I decide not to go ahead with the shave, it may seem a bit of a let down for you (bearing in mind the site celebrates shaved heads as the way to go) ?!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2020, 10:47:25 AM »
Don’t think any members would be disappointed if you choose not to shave. Where here to try and help those who are balding and having a problem deciding what they should do about it. And those even if they have a full head of hair , that are interested in shaving. We only try to give you our experience.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline razor-sharp

• proud to be bald
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 04:00:34 PM »
I'm not sure if I had this guy's amazing head of hair that I would shave it all off. It looks very thick and makes a statement.

Unfortunately I didn't have the choice as I lost most of mine at an early age (I'm now 60). Head shaving is part of my routine and I have grown to love it.  Would I be happier if I had his hair though? Most definitely.  ;D
proud to be bald :)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2020, 08:56:12 AM »
You've all been really helpful in this, and given me all the necessary info in which to make an informed decision, which is much appreciated.

In a way, although its my personal choice, if I decide not to go ahead with the shave, it may seem a bit of a let down for you (bearing in mind the site celebrates shaved heads as the way to go) ?!

It is totally your decision and whatever you decide will not disappoint us.  We offer information and encouragement based on what we did.  We my seem to push to shave for a guy that is balding and struggling, but that is because WE see shaving as an improvement. Shaving is just one of many hairstyle choices for guys that still have hair.  But please don't leave us hanging, let us know what you decide.
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2020, 12:13:44 PM »
It's true, Rob, most of us here love sporting a shaved head, and we usually recommend shaving to guys that are on the fence. Yes, a bald head is not for everyone, but you will never know until you try it. If your not sure, don't do it!

Nearly 7 years ago, I was similar to you, curious about shaving my full head of hair. I made a deal with my then GF to buzz my head ONE time. I buzzed it so short I went ahead and shaved it bald. After the shock wore off later that day, she said she loved it, and wanted me to keep shaving it. She's long gone, but I continue to enjoy shaving my head smooth everyday.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline razor-sharp

• proud to be bald
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2020, 03:03:47 PM »
I've recently joined the site, and loving the advice and comments on the forum.

It's interesting though, that the question of whether Rob should shave his head seems to be the main topic of conversation at the moment! I do get it that it's a big decision and dilemma.
proud to be bald :)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2020, 04:48:08 PM »
I've recently joined the site, and loving the advice and comments on the forum.

It's interesting though, that the question of whether Rob should shave his head seems to be the main topic of conversation at the moment! I do get it that it's a big decision and dilemma.

It is a common question we get, sometimes from guys that are starting to thin, and sometimes guys with a full had of hair that are interested in giving it a try.
SlyBeard

Offline rob94

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2020, 07:33:22 AM »
I've decided to go for the full shave this weekend.

Here is a "before" pic from today, and I'll post an "after" pic in a few days!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2020, 08:32:11 AM »
Good luck Rob, enjoy the experience.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2020, 10:28:36 AM »
Good Luck!  Are you planning to do it yourself, or do you plan to visit a barber?
SlyBeard

Offline rob94

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2020, 10:34:12 AM »
I have asked my friend who is training to be a barber to do it at his :)  Not sure whether to video it or not,lol

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2020, 11:35:56 PM »
1.  Why not?
2. Do it.
3. observe the 30 day rule.
4. Then decide.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2020, 12:52:28 PM »
I wonder if Rob changed his mind. Although he mentioned he wanted a drastic change, shaving off that great head of hair might have been too drastic. He would probably look great with a killer short flattop.